new layot - block detection, how?

Glad you were able to find a controller that suits you, plus a cheaper price. 

But turnout motors or seeps are a pain for me, noise from the motorised versions bother me and the seep versions are like a firing range, I am yet to find a turnout motor that doesn't emit noise and aren't silly priced for a servo and some plastic box. I think I will have to set myself a task to create something more suitable, I would like the prototypical movement but with no noise, this will be fun!  :jester:

How do you find the noise on the Cobalt or Tortoise?

Cheers

Des

I don't find the noise from the Tortoise motors to be too much - in fact after a previous experience with Peco motors where sometimes they didn't fire, it's a bit comforting to hear them moving sometimes so I know the turnout has thrown even if I'm not looking at it.  I have some sound equipped locos and when several trains might be running at the same time it kind of drowns out the sound of turnout motors anyway.

But, do let us know when you patent your prototype silent motor .. :imsohappy: 

Cheers ... Alan

• RMweb Premium

But, do let us know when you patent your prototype silent motor .. :imsohappy:

Cheers ... Alan

Which will of course be unprototypical! :jester:

On the real railway they all emit noise, varying on the type and even old mechanical systems are noisy at the point (sic) of operation.

Keith

• Like 1

Because I can't make sense of Lenz RS bus from the documentation (both Lenz and third-party).  

When I looked into it quite a few years ago I discovered it to be based on a relatively conventional 4800 Baud serial link chain, but using current sources and sinks rather than voltage controls to provide better noise immunity over extended bus lengths.

I didn't have any kit to try it with, so my investigations went no further.

Edited by Gordon H

Which will of course be unprototypical! :jester:

On the real railway they all emit noise, varying on the type and even old mechanical systems are noisy at the point (sic) of operation.

Keith

But not as uncharacteristic as roaring servo motors glammed up in plastic boxes or the composition of the Royal Artillery with seeps! Haha ;)

Des

• Like 1