Stoneferry engineering. O gauge micro.

birdseyecircus

Finally made it to Scarborough in the caravan.

1 shunter. 4 wagons (only brought 2.) Each wagon must visit the canopy for unloading.

Hours of fun. As my two little helpers demonstrate!

I took note of the stuff I forgot to take like paint etc so work will commence next week.

And the missus didn't bat an eyelid. Phew!

Paul

post-6856-0-32019400-1528041563_thumb.jpg

post-6856-0-41994300-1528041601_thumb.jpg

post-6856-0-31296700-1528041638_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• 7 months later...

Hi Paul,

I love this little layout, inspirational stuff for us space starved modellers. The whole concept is so well thought out and executed - I'm really impressed with the hinged baseboard, it is so neat and will be great for storing away. 

I hope the layout is continuing to provide entertainment for you and your boys! :good_mini: Has there been any further progress?

Cheers,

David

• Thanks 1

Hi Paul.

Many thanks for your reply and I am really pleased the layout is still alive and kicking! I don't blame you for the lack of progress last summer, I also certainly had much better things to do than railway modelling during the glorious weather! Sadly a distant memory now.....

Look forward to seeing any further progress in the course. I am planning a small layout at the moment and am severely restricted for space so I might copy (steal) your ideas and the concept of the folding baseboard. I hope you don't mind!

Thanks again,

David

4 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

Yes go for it! Don't forget to post some piccies of your version!

Paul

Thanks and will do  your layout has been inspirational to me! You should submit it to The Guild for inclusion in Volume 3 of the Small Layouts book. It deserves wider exposure.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great stuff Paul. The layout is really getting there now - it is amazing what a little greenery and some detailed cameos do to bringing a scene to life. I really like that gated end of the layout, it offers a tantalising glimpse and suggestion of the world beyond.

Really impressed!

David

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Paul,

Great to see the layout back in its home environment! As I had said before, I think it is a smashing little project and very inspirational. 

The Class 05 is looking good, and very at home in the setting, especially if you got it at a discount! I haven't examined one in real life but they do look impressive in the photos I have seen. They are nice chunky little shunters! I wonder whether you will be tempted by a Class 03 to join it when they appear...... 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, south_tyne said:

Paul,

Great to see the layout back in its home environment! As I had said before, I think it is a smashing little project and very inspirational. 

The Class 05 is looking good, and very at home in the setting, especially if you got it at a discount! I haven't examined one in real life but they do look impressive in the photos I have seen. They are nice chunky little shunters! I wonder whether you will be tempted by a Class 03 to join it when they appear...... 

Maybe if the price is right.

Paul

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

Hi David. I think it's around 7 inches.

If you had posted this morning I would have an exact answer.

Back at the caravan in 7 days. 

Paul

Hi Paul - thanks very much that's great! Missed the boat as ever but a rough guesstimate is fine. 

Thanks again for your help,

David

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul,

What a brilliant little layout.  It has given me lots of ideas; I need a little O gauge layout so I can run my 02 diesel shunter, powered gampus wagon and railbus.  I also have a little campervan it would fit in. Can I ask a couple of questions,

First, how does you backscene fit in place?

Second, when the layout is folded up, do the buildings and backscene fit inside?

Cheers,

Hi Colin, if you look back up the thread to May you can see a view of the Layout opened up with the buildings laid in it.

The rear boards did fit in too till I added the fence so they have to be carried separate.

It can be a bit of a puzzle remembering how they all lay in it and over time as I add more little details it may reduce the amount of space available. 

The backs are held in place by little off cuts allowing them to slide in. 

I will take some more pics when I get back to the van.

Thanks for the interest!

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...