If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings from acros the little pond

Johan DC

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon!

After visiting this site for a couple of weeks, and getting a lot of info out of it (thank you all!), I thought it was time to make a profile myself.

I'm Johan from Ghent, Belgium, and in a way a third generation model(train) enthousiast. While first my grandfather and now my father build up an LGB-layout in the cellar and garden, and an HO-layout in the attic years ago (late sixties till today), I'm a bit of a latecomer to the show. I modelled Airfix and other planes from about my sixt year, and later, after joining the navy that became (war)ships (what else?). About a year ago however, after a visit to the Hornby Centre in Margate, I came home with a mind full of trains. A couple of train sets later, I'm here! Discovering the amazing world of OO-gauge and DCC. Since OO is almost non-existing in mainland Europe, about everything I have is ordered online from Albion. My main interests are 40's and 50's steam, but not exclusively, 

Still without a permanent layout, but with lots of ideas, and even more questions, I discover lots of clues and answers here on the forum.

Best (modelling)wishes for the new year to all, 

Johan 

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes, English is only my third language.

Edited by Johan DC