Kernow Ltd Ed 57 FGW has arrived

Brambles

Now this is a model that id love...But theres one shock horror for me...

blink.gif

the £ 95 price tag....

Especialy as Hornby have finally just got the HST out...and then theres a new camera thatll have to be orderd after todays problem...(caught it on a Fastline Freight IIA this afternoon a cracked the screenangry.gif sad.gif )...

Glad that it appears that Bachmanns versian of FGW's 'Golden Wonder' blue is almost the same as Hornbys...

are there there any decentt sleeper coaches to go with this ? saw it at paddington today, looked rather nice...

Yes and no really...

There some FGW Mk3 sleepers in the original Green & Gold livery, but no RFM, TSO & BFO to go with...Nor are they available in the new Dynamic Lines livery...

Shall be interesting to see what happens to 57604 ( Guess's itll be the next Kernow Models Limeted Edition), as according to the latest railway magazine, it is up at brush undergoing an overhaul & repaint into Western Region Style lined green! 47 079 style...ohmy.gif

Intersting times...

Yes and no really...

There some FGW Mk3 sleepers in the original Green & Gold livery, but no RFM, TSO & BFO to go with...Nor are they available in the new Dynamic Lines livery...

Shall be interesting to see what happens to 57603 ( Guess's itll be the next Kernow Models Limeted Edition), as according to the latesdt railway magazine, it is up at brush undergoing an overhaul & repaint into Western Region Style lined green! 47 079 style...ohmy.gif

Intersting times...

57604 is at Brush.57603 worked the up midnight last night.

You could use HST stock inbeween two barrier coaches,that is my plan for the time being.

The model is very nice indeed,just a tad darker than the HST`s.Excellent service from Kernow too B)

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I was thinking of getting one of these 57s to run a modern "western region" (yes I know) train, but now I've seen the GWR repaint on the prototype 57604 which looks even better. What chance a limited edition of that, I wonder, in this GWR175 year - perhaps from Kernow as surfsup suggests? Pity lead times for production are so long - wouldn't it be great if manufacturers could respond quickly to things like this. If it was going to take a year or more to appear, the "wow" factor will have long since waned.

Having an interest in the Cornish Night Riviera Sleeper service, I thought I'd look at Long Rock on a certain mapping service, to see what may be visible. I found this:

FGW 57602 at Long Rock depot

Clearly relatively recent (maybe 2009?), with the FGW livery, as per Kernow's model. The images may be some use as you can walk about a little to take a look at it at different angles.

I have the KMRC model and it really is good. I can't wait to make up a full rake of Mk3s... though most are going to have to be kits/rebuilds!

Cheers, Ixion.

Archived