Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

Hello Duncan, I'm afraid no definite news. It looks like they will arrive some time between Christmas and new year. They are currently on the production line, so they are not too far off. I was sent some pictures earlier today, some of which below. Again, apologies to those who were expecting their model under the tree.

post-11337-0-39351300-1482175817_thumb.jpg

post-11337-0-69195200-1482175832_thumb.jpg

post-11337-0-11188400-1482175846_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

well the box is ready,  the loco end of jan / feb :onthequiet:

still hoping

Ian

Well they should be off the end of the production line by now or pretty near so hopefully my little loco will make a very good, albeit, belated Christmas present/new year's gift.  Here's hoping.  Let's also hope that there's no last minute gremlins. What do the Chinese do at Christmas if it's not filling our stocking. LOL

Just checked and the Chinese new year starts on 28th January 2017 so they should be pulluing out all the stops about now!!! please

Norman

Please will you clarify the exact type of small yellow panel that will appear on the production models.

Post #337 and the Little Loco Company website show a syp with curved corners, whereas post #343 shows squared off-corners.

The top corners of class 15 small yellow warning panels vary considerably in 1960s photos, so anybody wishing to model such a loco is strongly advised to find a photo with the right corners before selecting a prototype loco number.  The following is a very rough guide based on photographs of at least 80% of the class members with small yellow panels:

Squared-off top corners (same as post #343) - I have only been able to find photos of one loco with this type of syp - D8214 in July 1967 and August 1969.

Curved top corners - quarter of circle, approximately same radius as adjacent marker light cover (same as post #337) - this appears to be typical of the majority of the class including D8233 in preservation.  There appears to be significant variation around this type with some locos having slightly smaller radius curves and others having slightly larger radius curves.  To many modellers, these variations may be insignificant.

Examples of other variations include photos of class 15s with very small radius quarter-circles (D8224) and with a larger radius circle chord (i.e. not a full quarter circle) - D8216.

Hello, good question. All of the SYPs will be radius corners as per the image on the website. As decorated samples they were delivered with squared corners, which was incorrect and not as per my decoration guide supplied to them.

To add a small update, the factory will be organising the shipping agent to collect the full consignment next week. The air contingent should be available a couple days after landing, where as the sea portion will be some time later in early February. I have made sure all current direct reservations, plus those made with my retail stockists, will be covered by airfreight, and also have a selection remaining.

Steve

• Like 6

Hello, good question. All of the SYPs will be radius corners as per the image on the website. As decorated samples they were delivered with squared corners, which was incorrect and not as per my decoration guide supplied to them.

To add a small update, the factory will be organising the shipping agent to collect the full consignment next week. The air contingent should be available a couple days after landing, where as the sea portion will be some time later in early February. I have made sure all current direct reservations, plus those made with my retail stockists, will be covered by airfreight, and also have a selection remaining.

Steve

Steve

That's really good news and hopefully they are being truthful this time.

Lets also hope there are no further problems.

Happy new year with a nice pressie

Norman

Great news just had an email advising that these will begin shipping shortly, and asking for payment I will make my payment Monday. So looking forward to getting this loco. Great perseverance from the team at Little Loco Co. Duncan

Great news just had an email advising that these will begin shipping shortly, and asking for payment I will make my payment Monday. So looking forward to getting this loco. Great perseverance from the team at Little Loco Co. Duncan

I hope so too but would have thought Steve would announce on here if they have arrived it the UK.

Norman

I hope so too but would have thought Steve would announce on here if they have arrived it the UK.

Norman

If the email to which lewey refers is the same one as I received, it came from Steve. I presume he is contacting people who have pre-ordered directly with little loco first?

That would seem appropriate, with a 'global' announcement later? :)

Edited by leopardml2341

If the email to which lewey refers is the same one as I received, it came from Steve. I presume he is contacting people who have pre-ordered directly with little loco first?

That would seem appropriate, with a 'global' announcement later? :)

Andy

That's good to know. I have not yet received an email from Steve but I'm a lot happier knowing he's sending them out and I'll be patiently waiting.  Happy days

Norman

Andy

That's good to know. I have not yet received an email from Steve but I'm a lot happier knowing he's sending them out and I'll be patiently waiting.  Happy days

Norman

PS 

My order was #558 so he's probably got a lot of emails to send and process card payments for.

Norman

Norman,

This is the essence of the email:

BTH Type 1 / Class 15 production update 5TBTH Type 1 / Class 15 production update 5

To avoid any delays in receiving your model you are now able to pay in advance on our website, by direct transfer, or by cheque. Online payments are all handled by PayPal, so you can pay from your PayPal account or use its secure payment system to pay by credit or debit card.

In all instances please send a quick note to make sure either I don't miss seeing your payment or the online elves don't mislay it. I'm aware that some people still do not receive these newsletters, so I know those elves get everywhere.

So, if you've never received update e-mails, I'd suggest you drop him a note.

Rgds

Norman,

This is the essence of the email:

BTH Type 1 / Class 15 production update 5TBTH Type 1 / Class 15 production update 5

To avoid any delays in receiving your model you are now able to pay in advance on our website, by direct transfer, or by cheque. Online payments are all handled by PayPal, so you can pay from your PayPal account or use its secure payment system to pay by credit or debit card.

In all instances please send a quick note to make sure either I don't miss seeing your payment or the online elves don't mislay it. I'm aware that some people still do not receive these newsletters, so I know those elves get everywhere.

So, if you've never received update e-mails, I'd suggest you drop him a note.

Rgds

Thanks Andy - good advice

I've just looked at the LittleLoco web site but don't see any way to pay so I'v sent an email.

Thanks Andy - good advice

I've just looked at the LittleLoco web site but don't see any way to pay so I'v sent an email.

Just found the email in my Orange SPAM filter.  All I need to do now is figure out how to pay via paypal

Norman

• Like 1

I preordered a loco without sound is it a simple matter of adding £100 to my payment and if so will this delay getting the loco.

Thanks

Probably a good idea to let your retailer know you want sound.  That's what I did.  They should feed that back to Little Loco who, I think, will get yours off to the sound installer.

John

I preordered a loco without sound is it a simple matter of adding £100 to my payment and if so will this delay getting the loco.

Thanks

Just tell Steve you want sound added and 'up the anti'. The decoders are ready and waiting. It will be fitted as part of the pre-dispatch checks so will not delay delivery at all.

Kind regards,

Paul