Mining Institute Newcastle

Axlebox

The Stephenson Locomotive Society and the North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers present their 2018 Exhibition of Coal Carrying Model Railways this very weekend...at the Mining Institute Newcastle.

The Institute is located at Neville Hall on Westgate Road and is right next to the Royal Station Hotel.

Exhibition times are

Saturday 16th June 10am to 5pm

Sunday 17th June 10am to 4pm

Layouts include...

Keiper Colliery (00) by John Cook

St. George's Dock (0) by Alan Gray

Croft Depot (P4) by Duncan Wilcock

Wansbeck Road (2mm FS) by Mick Simpson

Burnard's Drift at Rainton Colliery (00) by the late Jack Burnard (presented by Neil Glencross abd Melvin Heslop)

Brown's Coal Yard (N) by Joe Brown

Marine Park Yard (00) by Ian Blenkinsop and presented by its current owner Les Paul

Blyth (N) by Ed Orwin

Also present will be

Colin Laidler with 16mm Narrow Gauge live steam

David Fraser with an exhibition of NER Coal Staithes

David Dunn with the Armstrong Railway Photographic Trust

Admission 

Free (donations welcome)

Please note the Neville Hall has no wheelchair access...however the Institute will be redeveloping over the next couple of years making the building fit for the 21st century with full wheelchair access.

The Institute is one of Newcastle's hidden gems and well worth the entrance fee (!) just to look round (so says my mum).

More info here...

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/16755-NorthofEnglandInstituteofMiningandMechanicalEngineersExhibition

• Like 2

Going to miss it this year as I’m operating a rather large train set on Saturday. Shame as after last years EM guage loco, I was looking forward to seeing what Duncan was going to try and run on Croft Depot this year...

John

Going to miss it this year as I’m operating a rather large train set on Saturday. Shame as after last years EM guage loco, I was looking forward to seeing what Duncan was going to try and run on Croft Depot this year...

John

...I was hoping to get my hands on Uncle Porsea's legendary 5 wheeled class 05...

• Like 1