The End of The Line 0-14 and 0 GOES ON..........

Giles

After 'The Loop', I've been making some progress on the next layout.

The house still hasn't got any bigger, so this is still only 5' x 3', and represent a coal transfer between narrow gauge (from the West Midlands colliery) to standard guage sidings, and also transfer to road.

Herewith two videos showing some progress and some action. NOTE, the video of the lorry shows a jerky take off.... this is due to furrows in the surface which WILL BE REMOVED!

TEOTL132_zps7b87fc9c.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuGk0R9AeQ&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZk7_ABTF4U&feature=player_detailpage

and 'The Loop' in its final incarnation

Absolutely superb Giles!

The modelling is amazing and I love the operationl side of it too. Your new layout has some quite amazing bits of animation which to me, give the whole thing a purpose other than running trains. I hope you will be updating this thread reguarly...

Missy :)

Thank you folks! I hope the tipping and conveyor isn't too trite.... But it does add purpose to the operation.

I confess that it started with the desire for somewhere to run the rc lorry, and grew from there, but wee'll see.

the long wall was a bit of a problem, potentially- but it was cast using Hydrocal onto a latex mold I had made ( with plastacine surrounding the edges), and with a piece of butter muslin laid on the back of it whilst still liquid for reinforcement. This gave me quite strong but thin sections of 'plaster' wall to play with

IMG_8248.jpg

Wall painted with base Coats only. It'll be finished later on in the scenic process

IMG_8286.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just to show I have been doing a bit on the layout......

Wow - only just spotted this masterpiece.

Giles - some superb modelling here. I just love the most recent photos, especially the close-ups. And ........ count me in as another 'ruster'!

Keep up the great work.

Stephen

Hi Giles,

Only just spotted this...

It's looking great!

I'm a fan of small layouts myself

You seem to have captured that overgrown, rusty, neglected look nicely

Nice to have the loading / unloading in there too....

Well done sir, and keep us posted :D

Cheers

Marc

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

genius! saw this on facebook via model rail and just had to check on here to make sure that this was shared with RM webbers! DO tell if you are going to exhibit anytime soon and let us know when it's going to be featured in Model Rail too!!

Archived