New to Templot

Hi

I am a bit stressed, i have just got templot and i am unable to make or do anything i have had a look at the demo videos and they havent helped. I am going to have a go at building track in EM gauge and was told i can use templot to design points and do track plans that i can build on screen and print off to make my track. Am i really able to do that? If so how??

Thanks

Scott

Scott

The easy answer is yes, I have one of the older versions which may differ from the new version slightly

Turn Templot on, once you answer all the boxes that initially come on go to workpad

Top toolbar press template, then scale gauge then press EM and answer sleeper length.

Toolbar press template then press new template, chose turnout size (left hand, B6, straight) press OK and you have a turnout

Top toolbar press main, then press store and background (this saved the turnout)

Top toolbar press template and press new template press ok and you have a second turnout, to convert it to plain track, Top toolbar press template, then press convert to plain track.

To move it into place press F7 then with the mouse left click and move into position, left click again to dissable mouse,

Left click on the mouse and you can move the trackwork up/down or side to side. The center wheel on the mouse one way enlarges the work, the other reduces it in size.

F4 will increses or reduce the length of track

F6 will curve the track.

That may give you a start

Hi

I am a bit stressed, i have just got templot and i am unable to make or do anything i have had a look at the demo videos and they havent helped. I am going to have a go at building track in EM gauge and was told i can use templot to design points and do track plans that i can build on screen and print off to make my track. Am i really able to do that? If so how??

Thanks

Scott

You might be on the wrong forum. Have you visited http://85a.co.uk/forum ? If not, perhaps you should, There is a wealth of information available and a large pool of helpful people who will willingly assist you with any specific problems that you may have. Templot is a fantastic tool but takes time and effort to learn and understand. It is not intuitive by any stretch of the imagination, but the rewards for the effort are huge.

You need to define your task to enable others to help you achieve your aims. Start by following CLOSELY one or more of the tutorials until you can create the finished article without referring to the text. Then you can get a bit creative with your own ideas.

Buying a new oven doesn't make you a gourmet chef overnight even though you have the required equipment!

See you on Templot Club and hang in there!

Scott,

Templot is more than just a quick and easy tool to design your layout with, it is far more powerful and flexible and like all software, you need to take time to learn all about it. As mentioned above, the Templot Forum has a wealth of information and help topics posted which can guide you through building up a plan. It does become intuitive after a while, like all things, such as learning how to drive, for example.

Don't be disheartened or fell like you're floundering at the deep end, fire it up and find you way around. Have a look at the Forum too, especially this thread for help.

http://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php?id=1837&forum_id=19

Good luck and see you on Templot Club too

Ian

Archived