Towcester

Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

Quote from the DEMU forum earlier today by George....

Beautiful day here today so young John and I should complete the first part of the baseboard construction and track laying should start later in the week. Yippee.

Are you two twins or is it something closer than that? :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Quote from the DEMU forum earlier today by George....

Beautiful day here today so young John and I should complete the first part of the baseboard construction and track laying should start later in the week. Yippee.

Are you two twins or is it something closer than that? :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Only as close as you and Spike....he he

• Like 1

Hello

All arrived safely and set up in the crypt.

Cheers

George 

Tracklaying commenced today, hopefully the 2 scenic boards will be finished tomorrow ( although we are one point short at the moment )

post-7045-0-94892700-1357160295_thumb.jpg

The occupation bridge and A5 (Lucas Bridge will be to the right hand side )

post-7045-0-62207600-1357160483_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-80567600-1357160425_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-81393100-1357160366_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys and gals, i should have rotated the last 3 images but times constraints stopped me........

All track laying apart for a couple of catch points to be installed completed on the scenic boards,

post-7045-0-76511200-1357406951_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-68829200-1357407068_thumb.jpg

Track to left is to Blisworth and Northampton, track to right is to Salcey Forest ( in our imaginary world )

post-7045-0-34534100-1357407240_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-44850900-1357407295_thumb.jpg

Sorry photos are on the side they were uploaded from an iPad

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

All track laying apart for a couple of catch points to be installed completed on the scenic boards,

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Track to left is to Blisworth and Northampton, track to right is to Salcey Forest ( in our imaginary world )

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sorry photos are on the side they were uploaded from an iPad

I like the Brixworth BR sign. Was this from the signal box there?

What's next? A layout based around the Northampton-Harborough line?

Looking forwards to seeing this layout progress. I'm currently reading the Middleton Press book on Towcester and the S&MJR routes which has some real inspiration for modelling of small wayside stations in the area.

Today whilst driving to Stowe coming down the A43 actually caught a glimpse of the old track bed before the lay-by.

Look forwards to the next installment.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Hello

Brixworth Station will be appearing at Northampton Show on March 9th this year. Similar in theory to Towcester as they are both 'what might have been' layouts. Brixworth circa 1998 while Towcester is set in 1997/8. The track plan on both is different to reality espea=cially Towcester closed in 1964 and Brixworth in 1980. They are both meant to be atribute to the real places. Another walk down that famous memory lane.

I won't say a word Clive as long as you rejoin DEMU. Glad you think us old codgers have a bit of promise, remember we are only entry level modellers so be gentle.

Cheers

George

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Mark, the Brixworth sign is from George Woodcocks model of the station. So I suppose there is a model of he Northampton - Market Harborough line.

( Brixworth has been featured in Railway Modeller )

Hello

Brixworth Station will be appearing at Northampton Show on March 9th this year. Similar in theory to Towcester as they are both 'what might have been' layouts. Brixworth circa 1998 while Towcester is set in 1997/8. The track plan on both is different to reality espea=cially Towcester closed in 1964 and Brixworth in 1980. They are both meant to be atribute to the real places. Another walk down that famous memory lane.

I won't say a word Clive as long as you rejoin DEMU. Glad you think us old codgers have a bit of promise, remember we are only entry level modellers so be gentle.

Cheers

George

That sounds good. I look forwards to seeing it it all being well. No Brixworth pate being eaten I take it? ;)

The Northampton-Harborough line also looks to have potential for modelling but like the Towcester/S&MJR I guess traffic wasn't that busy. Saying that the Harborough line would still be of benefit today I guess if still open.

The Northampton Show was very good last year.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi John

After hurting my neck trying to tilt my head sideways SWMBO turned the screen 90 degrees. Looking Good.  The layout not SWMBO ( she does really after losing 6 stone, but don't let her know I said so).

Clive

Thanks Clive, I must get used to using one of these eye-pad thingies!!!

Using DCC should be fun..................

• RMweb Premium

Probably easier to turn the phone 90 degrees.......

It is - and you know it!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

In lieu of an eye pad I placed my hand over my eye. Still sideways. :O

I am still concerned that you ae expecting Disorganising the Market in Harborough to master DCC.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Buy the looks of it you will be ready for Stafford show then?Seeing that George has all this spare time now :lol:Looking very good.Pete

Cheers Pete

See you at Stafford this year ( we are only visiting this year ) I have your DVD that I got at Warley for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

A short up-date on deveopments so far. The platforms are built as is the Lucas bridge over the A5 albeit with just 2 little bits to add when I get another delivery of ~Evergreen strip. also the A5 road itself and the sloping part of the old Tiffield road are in place. The footbridge is also complete and the catchpoint have been installed. John is working on the station building and I should be moving onto the bridge over the Olney branch. Hopefully photos,(right way up), to follow. Hope to make a start on the wiring next weekend.

Cheers

George.

• Like 1