Two Sister's Farm

• 3 months later...

This will be my last post on this thread.

After a great deal of thought I have decided to give up my internet connection.

I live in a tiny village and the use of aluminum wire in the telephone system causes all sorts of problems. Of late as the cost has gone up the service I receive has got worse, being very slow and often unusable.

As my only income now is my pension I think the money saved could be put to better use elsewhere.

I have enjoyed posting pictures and accounts of my layouts and will keep the PC for keeping and downloading my photographs.

Thank you all for the interest you have shown in my efforts over the years.

Regards Peter M

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This may be too late, but do you turn your router off regularly?

I only ask as my father lives in a remote place, and I noticed that his internet connection got worse and worse until it became unusable. It turned out that his habit of turning it off every night meant that the router reported an error to the exchange, and the exchange automatically lowered the internet speed. After a few days it would normally speed up again, but as he kept turning it off, it kept reporting the same error, and once the speed dropped below a certain level, the exchange locks it and it can only be put back to normal by contacting the service provider.

• 1 year later...
I am pleased to say that I am once more back on the web.

I have got rid of the BT special deal, about £40 pounds plus per month for 12gb per month, this includes the line charge and then it was only working 50% of the time.

Now I am with Vodaphone  which is high speed unlimited, with no line charge and comes with a discount at £20 per month. (my wife has a Vodaphone phone)

Seriously though, it is very good to be back.

Peter M
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...
It seems the site that I uploaded my photographs on postimage.org is currently not working, so all my images have gone. I have had my suspicions for some time and recently started using Flickr instead. 

This is the third time this has happened to me and if Flickr folds up I will not be posting any more photographs.

I intend re-doing some of the more recent images but this will all take time.

I am not the only one affected apparently some 140 million images are affected.

Peter M

I have made a start re-doing all the photographs but it is taking much longer than I expected it to.

In fact it means updating four different sites all done at different times. Still I'm getting there slowly

all the most recent on all four have now been done. The older pictures are taking longer to find and sort out.

It's like weeding the garden, I'm getting a strange sense of satisfaction.

Regards Peter M

• Like 4

Well that is it, I have been through the thread and added as many of the missing photographs as I could find. It is back more or less as it was before the photos went AWOL, any mistakes put it down as another senior moment.

Now all the four threads are done.

Now onto the USA site.

Regards Peter M

Edited by Broadoak
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
I bought a selection of second hand model railway magazines for a few pence each the other day from a local charity shop. When I got them home I was surprised to find they were all fairly recent and in the May 2018 issue of Model Rail on page 77, I found part of a photograph taken by Chris Nevard  of Two Sister’s Farm. It was in a section of the magazine under the heading of Cameo ideas for your layout. There were three in total, each consisting of a small photograph and a caption.

The picture is on page 7 of this thread and the caption is as follows. 

Clucking about: This innovative layout features countless cameos, but we love the free-range hens, pottering happily about the undergrowth.

It must admit finding it was a very pleasant surprise.

Regards Peter M
  • Like 3

Guest ShildonShunter

A beautiful layout i really like the loco s and rolling stock and your attention to detail.;)

I was very pleased that you were able to re-post the pictures for this project. I have found it very inspirational. The eye level photos in particular, the models seem to have real weight and presence that you don't always get in the smaller scales.

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

Saw the layout again at the Corby show at Wilbarston yesterday and it never fails to inspire. The standard of detail is exceptional, a true piece of artistry in three dimensions.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

These photographs were taken at Wreck-Rail this year.

While checking everything over prior to the show I did a couple of jobs I have been meaning to do for some time. I have never liked the look of the driver in the green shunter so I used the dog as a sort of distraction. Now the shunter has a new driver and the little white dog has now taken up residence on the wooden bodied Simplex along with his owner who can no longer be seen. Children at shows seem to like to see the little white dog .

41313971430_1237deac8c_z.jpg

41313982440_e0206b8be8_z.jpg

Peter M
  • Like 2

29261439748_52f3482c68_z.jpg

41322207980_4102de544a_z.jpg

42229165495_0c833bc8cb_z.jpg

29261507818_377584e34a_z.jpg

The last picture features a Canadian Ford which as a boy was a particular favourite of mine. A local Fair used to spend the winter at a nearby farm and brought sacks filled with logs during winter months to help the coal supplies go further. They had one of these painted a desert sand colour with wide chunky tyres and the wheel nuts painted in red. I used to will the driver to give me a ride but of course he never did.

Peter M
  • Like 3

29275111458_2a1fce804f_z.jpg

42242412375_dcebb039ba_z.jpg

42428153454_1a5009c82d_z.jpg

42242448395_ef62bdc9e7_z.jpg

A few more views of the activities in the yard, I think the Canadian Ford looks very purposeful in profile.

The hall was rather dark in the area where I had to set it up with little natural light, but I must admit the photographs have turned out slightly better than I expected.

Although the show was mainly aimed at SG modern image modellers the farm was well received by the visitors, the tractors proving especially popular especially with the ladies.

Peter M
  • Like 8