LIMITED EDITION COACHES

mark alden

Does anyone know which companies / organisations / magazines have had Bachmann produce limited edition Mark I coaches?

I know Cheltenham Model Shop has under Cat No. 39-000 R 4 coaches A to D in Maroon.

I am particularly interested in B&G and Maroon with Bachmann Cat. No. and coach number.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I seem to recall Model Rail doing a set of West Highland liveried coaches a few years ago (recalling from memory). They are long since sold out, and change hands for a fair old price on Ebay from time to time. IIRC they were a set of four. I didn't pay much attention at the time because wagons are more my thing.

• RMweb Premium

Model Rail did indeed commission the 4-coach set of West Highland Mk1 coaches from Bachmann, which were very similar to the earlier Lima issue but to Bachmann's usual quality, and which go for very fancy money on eBay. I can only recall two Bachmann sets coming up and perhaps five Lima sets. I think all sold for over GBP300. Single coaches from these sets never seem to come up. The catalogue number, which applies to the numbered sets as a whole, is 39-000X. Note that 39-000 with other sequential letters refer to some quite different sets, including similar West Highland 2-coach green / cream sets for Harburn Hobbies.

Mk1 TPO vans in three liveries and one variation are thought to be imminent from Bachmann for ModelZone / Signal Box, serial numbers 39-420W to Z. They also of course commissioned the all-blue Mk1-derived 4CEP 31-427Z.

Bachmann lists what they believe to be everything ever released under the Branch Line brand (including specials) here which may prove of interest. http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/branchline_products_by_item_no.pdf

Thanks for the info. I shall look out for these on e-bay, especially as the Maroon ones are W.R prefix...... more expensewink.gif

The TPO from Model Zone looks a cracker on B&G. Hopefully others will be produced.

Wonder if we'll ever see Sleeping Cars??rolleyes.gif

Sleepers hope so but at this rate won't see them 'til 2012 or late 2015!

• RMweb Premium
Wonder if we'll ever see Sleeping Cars??

Given that Hornby has a fair range of these already from Big Four to Mk3 I have my doubts that anyone else would enter that area of the market. It's a fairly small niche running overnight trains and while it might appeal to some modellers the potential marketplace must encompass non-enthusiasts who simply want a train set for little Johnny's birthday. And it needs to be something fairly recogniseable. Though as a commissioned special with the retailer taking the revenue risk who knows?

On the other hand I was recently asked quite legitimately (by a fellow Australian modeller who might not be fully conversant with BR operations) why he couldn't get models of the Mk2 sleeping cars ...................... :icon_what: :icon_confused:

Archived