Blue Riband Mk1s

Flying Pig

These 2 transfer packs should enable the incorrect MK1 FK to be changed to an InterCity Motorail version:

http://fox-transfers.co.uk/scotrail-west-highland-lines-coach-branding-numbering

http://fox-transfers.co.uk/transfers/intercity-first-class-catering-cantrail-lining

I'm probably going to order these to convert mine.

When they wore the '1', were they also on the centre door as well? These photos are good but it is not possible to establish this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39670739@N05/8961420631/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwf2009/6555033585/in/photostream/

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi 

Nice pile of mk1s landed to day :

374-167 Reg rail FK - very nice,B4 bogie its got a yellow line with cantrail orange  but no number ones , fleet no 13225

374-016 NSE MK1  SO - VG! Com bogies, early blue , orange canrail fleet no 4945

376-017 Reg Rail TSO lovely, B4 bogies, fleet no 4854.

All look the part, they are that good only a pedant like myself would point out that the door bumpers might be error - now that is micro nit picking and could be individual coach changes. Thus all one can say perfect as can be.

Pretty certain of specific coach details as reg rail FK has triangle no smoking and sausage first class signs  a lovely touch but will need to check against pictures of coach and others to see if typical - I Know some of the TS based sets that ventured as the final summer Saturday in the early - mid 90s on Cambrain and Skeggs will have been subject   to C&W work to keep them rolling just  - most could only muster a few working toilets on rakes of 6 -8 coaches! lights - optional extra !!   so older labels quite possible...

Robert  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Picked up a RR TSO at AP today, primarily to nab the B4 bogies for use on a RMB for Ropley, but thought I'd snap it first as the scheme has been beautifully executed by Bachmann.

post-1467-0-25269800-1490543538_thumb.jpg

Tom. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi, not spotted the shade change certainly RR expected them to be the same as spec closely controlled ... but a bit of weathering covers many sins .

To add that Hattons today advised NSE BSKs on the way along with the RR one , so now easy to do a Cambrian summer Saturday scene 31s in many colours off Bescot and RR 37s spring to mind but of course Large logo tops the list.

Robert  

• 3 months later...

Interesting to read about the declassified FK on the Motorail Services. I have only see photos/YouTube clips of "classified" ones, with the Motorail added next to the InterCity, the 1 and the stripe. 

Maybe the running number chosen was one of those declassified versions

Anyway thanks for the info, a case of "providing we can find one photo/clip then our model is correct - basta"

es grüßt

pc

In summer 1990 the Dundee-Montrose, Montrose-Perth workings were often an ex Motorail FK and a Mk2z/a/b/c half brake (can't remember what flavour mk2 it was, sorry.) with either a 26 or 37 on the front.

In summer 1990 the Dundee-Montrose, Montrose-Perth workings were often an ex Motorail FK and a Mk2z/a/b/c half brake (can't remember what flavour mk2 it was, sorry.) with either a 26 or 37 on the front.

It was most likely either a MK2z or a MK2a.

All the MK2b examples were exported or in the Royal Train by then, and, the MK2c examples were on the Intercity cross country services (apart from a few on the Waterloo - Exeter route).

Did Farish ever make a modern tooling Mk2 FK? I want one to convert to a CK at some point.

The Bachmann website lists 374-951 BR Mk2A FK in green and 374-952 BR Mk2A in maroon as forthcoming releases.

I'm sure I've got a Mk2A FK in blue/grey but I'm not able to check right now. Hatton's lists 374-950A BR Mk2A FK in blue/grey livery as available for pre-order. I would guess that the previous release was 374-950, some retailers might still have one in stock.

Did Farish ever make a modern tooling Mk2 FK? I want one to convert to a CK at some point.

Yes, the Mark 2A FK, I have four of them (although one won't be a FK for much longer)

Sadly I assume you are referring to the Inverness based CK, and these are Mark 2C

A better solution is to purchase a BSO and FK, then cobble together a BFK, that just leaves the roof to modify (if you really have to)

Edited by mjkerr