Hills and Meadows - N-gauge

Maurits71

Yep that's the one, although I think he has got the polisher the wrong way around.

this is the set I have got , filmed on my old layout. This was before I have done a small conversion to reduce the noise from from the vac cleaner, now it's much more acceptable. on my things to do list is to make another adjustment with working rear lights and a warning light on top of the unit instead of the red warning light on the side

• Like 1

Evening all.

had some good hours and quit a lot of construction work done.

thanks all.

This is part of the second fiddle yard, will be 8 tracks dived in 3 sections each so space for 24 trains.

20150816_192654175_iOS.jpg

same fiddle yard but the part which will be connected to the 4 track helix

20150816_192727815_iOS.jpg

and this is where I have the 4 track and the 2 track main line planned.

20150816_192722889_iOS.jpg

because it's a bit complicated with all the different heights etc I have decided to finish all construction work first before I start laying track, all construction is fixed yet so access to all.

best regards,

Maurits

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bit of time last night and this morning to do some more wood work. only a few more stretches and the whole 4 track main line and then this part is done.

20150825_123107733_iOS.jpg

20150825_123143642_iOS.jpg

Looks like I can start laying some track later this week ;)

best regards, Maurits

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
morning all.

Have connected quit a few points over the last couple of days so finally able to have a full test on the monster helix.

video is uploaded on my youtube channel

this weekend I will lay some more track so I can have a test with my longest/ heaviest train, if that's successfully I can start the rest of this part of the layout.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
fiddle yard nr 2 is taking shape, originally I did plan to have 8 tracks, but as I had space for another one it's 9 tracks wide now. Not sure how many sections as I haven't done that yet but roughly I think in total space for 19 long trains of 36 smaller ones. need to finish the other side en then monster helix nr 3 :)

20150913_184010884_iOS.jpg

20150913_184016249_iOS.jpg

Best regards, Maurits

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Happy Sunday.

Some more progress to report. All track laid from fiddle yard number 2, only need to solder all wires  :worried:

20151003_154814280_iOS.jpg

20151003_154923502_iOS.jpg

This fiddle yard has an estimated space for 18 long or 27 shorter trains and will be the main feeder for the upper levels.

20151003_154950790_iOS.jpg

Oepss, this mess needs to be a good clean out

20151003_184905353_iOS.jpg

and after all the soldering is done at some point of the next couple of days/ weeks this will be the next project, again 6 layers and 4 tracks. This will be the last big helix to build. after this one only a small one of 3 layers ;)and then no more helixen for me to build

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Evening.

Have wired up the whole fiddle yard last week  :), also done a bit of testing he last couple of days, as I mentioned on Facebook, life is so easy when you press the button and everything works straight away without cleaning and other hassle.

the next couple of weeks quit busy, Eurospoor with Horseley fields, a few days home and then a full week China so I wanted at least to have a start with Helix number 5, same as number 4 6 layers and 4 tracks per layer.

20151020_183553281_iOS.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
Evening all,

More or less recovered from a long and intensive trip to Shanghai, jet-lag almost gone and finally time to spend a couple of hours in my mans room.

Have managed to complete the full second level and almost the third as well, have set a target for my selves to have the helix finished before x-mas 

20151112_195914202_iOS.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Evening all,

after a few 'Dark weeks' back to a sort of normal life and finally today in the mood to go back to my mans room. With the last Helix project almost finished I decided to build the rest of the wood work first before I was going to finish the last 2 helixes. Mainly to ensure that I end up on the correct Height levels.

this is where( yes another one  :-[) the last helix is going to be.

20151206_184059963_iOS.jpg

and one of the main lines getting shape

20151206_184107767_iOS.jpg

next thing I am going to do is finish the wood work for the station area and the 4 track main line on the back of the layout before I start laying some more track.

• Like 5

Morning all.

Have managed to finish more or less all the wood work for the station area.

20151211_194527574_iOS.jpg

Today with a bit of luck I can find time to make a temperarely connection between the 2 new helixes. first of all to do a few big test runs with various loco's / combinations but secondly, I want to see some trains ;)

Next project is top build the 4 track main line which will be on top of this helix towards the back ground

20151211_194541134_iOS.jpg

The mainline is going to be an eye catcher and will end here on top of those 5 tracks, only realised yesterday that I need to change the construction because once the mainline is in place I have no access any more, but think I have worked out a solution.

20151211_194514400_iOS_1.jpg

• Like 3

Everybody knows the moment that everything is connected, you turn the power on and..... it works, no shorts, all green. :)

so enjoy 5.30 minutes from point A , one Helix up, temperary station area, helix down back into the fiddle yard. next job to add everything to the computer and then a big full trottle test.

• Like 2

little update, have been busy adding all sections to the computer, 87 in total. have done only the up line so far as this costed me already the whole night. will do a little test in between, up line can handle 10 trains in the test phase , 3 lines for 3 trains in the fiddle yard and one on the way. once everything is connected the upline can handle another 10 trains at the same time without getting a massive traffic jam.

M.

• Like 2

Evening.

Had a few good hours in my mans room. kept adding more and more trains till the point that I had a full session. really pleased that everything runs without any major issues. One point needed a bit of an adjustment but that was it.

Made a small video half way the session.

best regards.

M.

• Like 2

between testing and celebrating x-mas also able to start with the control panel, 2 screens, a shelve for key board and mouse and another shelve for my Twincentre and program track.

20151225_162856371_iOS.jpg

off course this needed a test run
20151225_180904110_iOS.jpg

Need to go to B and Q tomorrow for wheels, paint and some connectors.

• Like 4

Looking very good.

Two Questions?

1, Have you worked out the total length of track you will have when it's done (real world length)?

2, Are the monitors on your control panel "Touch Screens" or standard monitors?

Pete

400 metres so in real life around 60 kilometres

screens, these are normals ones, but touch screens are an option when i can free up a bit of budget

Edited by Maurits71

Most of the Holiday gone and still not finished with the left hand side of the station area.  Had all sorts of little things on my Things to do list which I have done first.

this is the start of the left hand side,I have connect the first 5 today and will do the other 8 over the next couple of days. Not my most favorite work to be honest

20151229_151922897_iOS.jpg 

The station area will have 5 platforms in a gentle S-curve, little bit like you find at High Wycombe station.

• Like 1

Firstly for all fellow RMweb members I haven't spoken to the last couple of days, Happy New Year.

Had a few good days in the mans room, done a lot, visible and not visible :)

connectors for the command post, which can be placed in different parts of the room now.

20160102_163642583_iOS.jpg

Temporarely connecting between Helix and new sets of points, all 4 tracks so I can do some proper testing, this is also the first thought for the main station, as mentioned it needs to have a nice gentle / sexi S curve

20160102_164920668_iOS.jpg

Command control :)

20160102_164944781_iOS.jpg

and all new points in place, tested and working

20160102_165025329_iOS.jpg

Today I am hoping to get everything programed so mayby, maybe and of the day some testing

Maurits

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Evening all.

Nothing done basicly after my last update. Mean reason running sessions, lots and lots. as we speak I have an average of 20 trains running on the bottom layer and the middle layer. Helix 2 and 3 are not in use at the moment

Overall really pleased how everything is running, few loco's which are in a desperate need of some proper maintenance but that something to worry about later.

Have decided that I am going to redo on of the top layers of one of the helixes, it looks a bit like a steep hill up and straight down. Although it seems not an issue for the trains I am a bit afraid that once I have no longer proper access it will be an issue.

have made some pictures tonigh of the running session.

20160115_203131113_iOS.jpg

20160115_203145627_iOS.jpg

20160115_203151826_iOS.jpg

20160115_203201705_iOS.jpg

20160115_203240204_iOS.jpg

20160115_203309579_iOS.jpg

20160115_203319651_iOS.jpg

Br.

M.

• Like 1

:)

HI all. The list with big projects is getting smaller, the biggest job is building another 4 track helix. this time only 3 layers. This one will connect the 4 track main line with fiddle yard helix on the other side of the room. once this one is finished I have a few adjustment/ rebuild jobs to improve things I am not pleased with now. And once these jobs are finished it's basicly connecting everything for a full round.

20160116_170058992_iOS.jpg

20160116_170127232_iOS.jpg

• Like 4