Morning all. After an interesting couple of weeks, I've started working on the station building again and moved on to the roof. The parts were cut when I had the rest of the building done and I can now start to assemble the parts. The distinctive ends are layers of mdf, row mark and perspex, sandwiched together and set with spray mount. The top edge is then glued into the roof slab, the underside of which I had rendered to match the diagonal planking. The colour will need lightening a bit from the rattle can I used.
I also cut a layer of joists which increase the effective thickness. I should have a second layer of purlins, running horizontally along the roof line between the joists and the roof, but I wanted to make the roof as rigid as possible and I don't think anyone will notice. I can always add something cosmetically after (he says knowing full well he won't).
Glad to say the roof has turned out well and fits nicely onto the station walls. Just a little bit of fettling to do to get it to sit without visible gaps. They I can turn my attention to the trussing.
I've had to re-draw the clerestory roof as it consists of glazed panels, rather than solid as I first thought. They're on order from York Modelmaking, along with a miscellany of detailing parts; bargeboards, brackets, quoins, footbridge parts, including balustrades and the rather nice entrance gates. I've been informed they can all be cut from Rowmark so we'll see what turns up.
Turns out the shed roof was clad with double Roman tiles rather than decorative flat tiles as per the annex buildings so that will make like easier.
The walls have had the mortar courses filled with a ready mix filler and I need to add final stonework colouring, which will be a darker colour than at present.
I've also made the former garage in the station forecourt that housed the motor buses used to connect to Burnham-on-Sea in the 1930's. I had to shorten it a bit as I wanted this building to be fixed down and it's duly been plonked onto the layout. The terraformed station forecourt area has worked well and I've trial fitted the platform surfaces from 1mm thick Palight and added a couple of Lanarkshire Model's GWR bufferstops in the up yard.