I do have the makings of a layout in a conservatory. The conservatory has a radiator and sometimes an extra convection heater for in winter. It has been very hot in summer, and rather chilly in winter at night (like now). I've used a modular approach so I can move it (to clean the windows, for decorating, parties if they ever happened, etc). Construction s of 9mm ply and backboard, with bracing underneath. Rigidity gained from the backboard screwed onto a baton along the back of the baseboard, and another strip of ply screwed along the front baton. The platform is made of a B&Q floorboard so that helps too. Touch wood, the baseboards haven't warped. The only warping is on one of the backboards, at the top . I do think that bit of wood was a bit warped when I bought it though. I've since added bracing along the top, which doubles as a wider rest for the top perspex sheet, and potentially for an LED lighting strip (and maybe a flying spitfire), but all in good time. The base and backboard are all well varnished, or painted and lacquered. This is to protect against errant condensation from the glass. It all seems fine. I have recently added a frame of strip wood over the top, and added a perspex sheet as a top to protect against dust and sunlight. I also have front sheets as well. These are attached to the wooden frame with magnetic strip as for secondary glazing. In time, I'll get some fancy wooden facia to go over the bits where the magnetic strip are, for aesthetic purposes. The overall effect when fully screened up is like a museum. Actually, the initial reason for the front sheets is to protect against my brother's dog's destructive tail, and little fingers of our friend's 3-year-old. But apparently, the perspexx has good UV protective qualities, which is reassuring. I did find with the first scenic work I did that there was some fading due to sunlight, so I'm glad I got the perspex ready for spring and summer. I would say though that the sun fading actually did me bit of a favour by nicely subdueing down the colours, especially of the foliage, so it wasn't an entirely bad outcome. So far, I haven't had any issues. Hopefully it will survive for many more years to come. I've only built a bit of it, however. Photos of the initial catalyst for a layout are below, using old train stuff I found in a loft from when I was young. And then a shot along the set to give an idea, although the front perspex isn't on, and one of the top perspex sheets isn't on. I took them off to work on the track laying.