Mantles Wood

Metr0Land

What is the Chesham set made from? Resin/3d printed/plastic?? I've ordered a set and am curious.

I produced a body kit for the F class back in the late 1970s/early 1980s under the GS Models name but never got round to doing a chassis kit for it. SE Finecast also do the F class and the E class. 

Edited by roythebus1

• RMweb Gold
On 02/09/2023 at 22:23, roythebus1 said:

What is the Chesham set made from? Resin/3d printed/plastic?? I've ordered a set and am curious.

I'm sorry I seem to have missed this post.  It is indeed 3D printed and RTR from cdc models (Charlie Connor).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=cdcmodels&store_name=cdcdesign&_oac=1

Ha, my Chesham set arrived this morning. what a lovely model, it captures the atmosphere of the set rather nicely. the only minor niggle is the bogie pivots, 3 of them had fallen out in transit. I've tried to stick them back in with a spot of superglue! Hopefully they don't fall out on the layout somewhere. I suppose if I live enough years to finish everything else, I could spend time fitting wire handrails..

I've fitted Kadee couplings which I use as standard on my layout and to my surprise they are the right height as well. I may well fit some of those little magnetic couplings between coaches when I find the packet that arrive last week, put somewhere safe as usual, never to be found again.

A super model, well worth the price, ready-to-run, all it needs to finish off is transfers. Very pleased with it. Well done CC Models.

If anyone fancies motorising it, it will need a 28mm motor bogie. :)

Yes indeed! 

I've just found my LT drawings of the CO/CP entre cars which will give anyone producing them accurate drawings to go by, as well as 38 tube stock DM nd trailer, and Metropolitan Railway min-line stock, 9 compartments! these ar table-size drawings, so pleas don't ask for copies. These are drawings I got from Griffin house in the early 1970s and have the Chiswick works stamp on them. Sadly they lack underfram and bogie details.

If anyone can get CDC to contact me I'd be happy to get the Met coach copied if he wants to do a model of it. It's easier than contacting via ebay!

When did the last "Chesham"style set run as an electric train? Thoughts for a motorised variant. :)

Edited by roythebus1

• RMweb Gold

Ever since cdc models announced the Chesham set I’ve been pestering Charlie to do them in brown as well as teak – and now he’s done me a set and I have to say I’m very pleased with it.

53190838946_e6118419ef_b.jpgrev Ivatt leading set by Sarah S1ddons, on Flickr

53191203308_ea3753a18f_b.jpgrev Ivatt pushing set - bay by Sarah S1ddons, on Flickr

• Like 11