'Cambrian Street'

BobM

• RMweb Gold

Looking good Bob!

The additional pits also sound good.

You could maybe also have one on the turntable exit road that runs into the small shed/workshop?

I’m indeed tempted to place the now moved workshop over the pit, as it gives quite a balanced feel to the area?

IMG_5135.jpeg.b03d3d37462195aeeb2e36fc51bd9b7a.jpeg

placing a pit on the outer road and also on the aforementioned coaling perhaps?

IMG_5134.jpeg.e0fb024ece8c02555509c3fd8be16cb1.jpeg

IMG_5133.jpeg.12a6260c66ea2467f9037b8d596301fd.jpeg

Always open to suggestions, which are greatly appreciated.

Regards always 

Bob

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, lezz01 said:

I like it Bob. Just put them in mate.

Regards Lez.

What Lez said!

You can’t have too many pits.

I’d be tempted to leave the workshop / small shed where it was before, on the leftmost exit of the turntable (of the four in the photo above) simply because of the clearance to the adjacent roads. It looks a bit tight on the rightmost exit?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, GWR57xx said:

What Lez said!

You can’t have too many pits.

I’d be tempted to leave the workshop / small shed where it was before, on the leftmost exit of the turntable (of the four in the photo above) simply because of the clearance to the adjacent roads. It looks a bit tight on the rightmost exit?

Cheers buddy,

That too was a concern, there’s ’limited clearance’ and limited clearance allowed, but that is dammed tight to say the least!

Will probably place it back in the original position and proceed with the pit arrangements as shown.

Regards

Bob

• Like 3

Evening update,

As that clearance was below tolerance I have indeed moved the workshop back to the original position and to allow greater visibility of this, have lowered the board edge, but will atop with spear top fencing for an effect!

Subsequently have rearranged the turntable sidings and pits to their original layout.

Regards always buddies,

Bob

IMG_5143.jpeg.a7a40a685f2630239d2af6fede85ece8.jpeg

IMG_5144.jpeg.2495632a6c77d2e80bf998e94e262d49.jpeg

IMG_5145.jpeg.5fb83b3642a2c7c0aacc7e52f9a11dc1.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Afternoon all,

Hope your weekend is going well?

Having purchased two packs of these laser cut engine shed doors, I have ‘lashed’ up what I’m hoping things may look like if applied to the engine shed?

Requires a beam to drop the doors to what I believe is the correct rail clearance height and there will have to be a gap down the centre of the pair of doors, plus a door jam each side but I’m hoping this is a fair representation and compromise, seeing that this Hornsby Scaledale shed is an ‘open front’ design I’m adapting?

Comments as always appreciated guys?

IMG_5152.jpeg.870b971368805273bad05b301a51f21f.jpeg

IMG_5151.jpeg.71d46440a878a9cb9754a04ea07f5b68.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg.912309a95dede94088e4fb68c94ea95c.jpeg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

Hi

I won’t attempt to fit any proposed doors until the track is laid and I’m sure of required dimensions.

Regards

Bob

• Like 1

Evening,

I’ve neglected the layout for so long, I’ve become out of the loop when it comes to wiring and switching sections, the wires beneath my boards just look a jumble!

However, I’m not going to baulk at the job at hand, but I will not rush this to ensure I don’t foul things up.

So I’m going to get back into it slowly and methodically by undertaking work on an insignificant siding. 
Wire it up and isolate switch it to see that I’m doing this correctly.

So please stick with me!

Regards

Bob

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Posted (edited)

Evening all,

Whilst I would never become too complacent over these matters, I have revisited the wiring and I am hopeful that all main sections are running correctly and every area is accessed.

I’m going to take it steadily and wire up and isolate each siding in the engine shed/ coaling yard step by step.

Will ‘post’ as each is attempted and I’ll let you good guys know for sure.

Take care,

Regards always,

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 4

Evening all,

I’ve no excuses now not to get on with the necessary wiring, with my original drill non-operational, I’ve purchased a new one and set of drills (for other jobs too) which will hopefully see me out too!

Regards always,

Bob

IMG_5198.jpeg.c641836fbaf218696d670dada8afc4b0.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Evening,

Well, it may only be a short length of track, however I’m so happy that I have, after a long period of time not forgotten the principles of basic wiring and switches!

This evening have managed to indeed to wire and section switch this short siding.

One thing it has highlighted is the fact that I’m not so supple as I was beneath the boards and my eyesight is shot😀!

Regards

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

20 hours ago, BobM said:

One thing it has highlighted is the fact that I’m not so supple as I was beneath the boards and my eyesight is shot😀

Welcome to the club! I can't read a vernier or indeed this forum without my glasses. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Posted (edited)

Evening!

I think this is going to be a long job, however I’ve successfully wired and switched the adjoining siding running through the left point too, where 9735 is sited, so there’s some hope for me yet!

I won’t bore you good guys with each section wired up (promise), but will keep you appraise of progress when required!

Regards always 

Bob

IMG_5250.jpeg

IMG_5249.jpeg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Evening all,

By way of an update posting these images to show that I have wired up and switched the following sidings were - 2217 sits and the also where the four locos are also stabled.

So some progress eh?

Regards always,

Bob

IMG_5259.jpeg.55358c74e642078fed4ad5cb58182222.jpeg

IMG_5258.jpeg.db531793a1b30505d4b17efaeaa0cd64.jpeg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 10

Posted (edited)

Evening 

I’m happy to report that the siding were 2217 is shown sitting, has too been included in the ‘planned’ wired and switched track work, the head shunt housing the pannier is not at the moment ‘switched, as I’ve found it’s not necessary to be so as it’s in constant use, the remaining isolated when required?

I’m amazed that as yet, I’ve done this, as my personal confidence lately had hit rock bottom and I was hesitant at even continuing to work on the layout.

Regards always guys,

Bob

IMG_5265.jpeg.c3934e23b24639d728ed4ce87d78b307.jpeg

IMG_5264.jpeg.837747d650706bcd4802850a773bbbbf.jpeg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 8

Hi

It’s my intention now to do a bit of scenic work, including track painting, ballasting etc across this section.

Regards always,

Bob

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening guys,

Hope all are well and dry!

Here in the part of the western midlands were I am it’s been a thoroughly wet and cold spring day, feeling raw and flipping freezing!

Any road -up, have eased my way back into ballasting and weathering track by testing on a short siding in the mpd area.

Over the last week preliminary weathering was done with the sleepers with a grey undercoat followed by a base brown, the sides of the rails and chairs with a mix of brown and rusty brown ahead of spreading the ballast.

This evening have applied the standard 50 water/ 50 pva ratio mix to fix the ballast, allowing this to set before returning to see what has transpired!

Will let you know when set, cheers.

Regards always

Bob

IMG_5360.jpeg.3fa63aae8caf67552e884002a88ccdbd.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg.ceee6c1fe53da787f8bf6afc7f296995.jpeg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 4

Afternoon (or Evening) !

Section of ballasted track has set and dried sufficiently to progress, so will retouch where necessary and weather the ballast next and move on to the next area hopefully soon.

Regards always,

Bob

IMG_5361.jpeg.107c02f50ce618f3c2513b316619922e.jpeg

• Like 7

Evening,

Have applied a preliminary, light, wash of diluted brown across the area and sleepers, will allow this to soak in and dry, revisit and reapply a further wash.

Will post when undertaken.

Regards always,

Bob

IMG_5362.jpeg.b10bf146197b5ed7a0011895f1f55e4a.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg.3a99b5e88edc2e3d9e7842d42547e210.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg.a764221e4dcb1e2559d7c0cc43737cdd.jpeg

• Like 5