Abrail 2010 - Abingdon

pirouets

• RMweb Gold

Starting a Monday at my normal pace of thinking what can I get up to at the weekend, and not having been to any exhibitions in some time, I had a quick look and found Abrail 2010

I have not checked with my Wife yet if we are doing anything but fingers crossed I am going to get myself there for 10 on Saturday. Anyone else likely to be putting in an appearence?

• RMweb Gold

Starting a Monday at my normal pace of thinking what can I get up to at the weekend, and not having been to any exhibitions in some time, I had a quick look and found Abrail 2010

I have not checked with my Wife yet if we are doing anything but fingers crossed I am going to get myself there for 10 on Saturday. Anyone else likely to be putting in an appearence?

Thanks for the reminder, looks lkike I too had better consult 'the management' as Abingdon is a good show and well worth the effort.

Hello smile.gif

I will be there again doing a demo on behalf of the 2mm Oxford Area Group along with other group members including Mark of Witney Euston fame.

Please come and say hello if you are going, its alway nice to meet other RMWeb members.

Missy smile.gif

I seem to recall it was very crowded last time I went and a long, long walk from the overflow car park I was forced to use. I'd like to get along as it looks like a good number of N gauge layouts and traders will be there, but it depends how I feel on the day.

G.

I seem to recall it was very crowded last time I went and a long, long walk from the overflow car park I was forced to use. I'd like to get along as it looks like a good number of N gauge layouts and traders will be there, but it depends how I feel on the day.

G.

there is the x3 bus from oxford railway station or 35 from radely if you dont want to drive

G.

If you ask the ATC who are dfoing the car parking they will direct you to a footpath thats a short cut to the Hall

If you ask the ATC who are dfoing the car parking they will direct you to a footpath thats a short cut to the Hall

Short cut ! hardly - perhaps for the athletic it might be.

I've just been reminded why I didn't go last year :( - thanks grahame

if the crew on parking make you park up at the start of the estate - it is one heck of a walk just to get to the "short cut". ... and if it rains ...

Hello smile.gif

I cant believe that you guys will miss the show just because of the parking isnt on the doorstep! Every venue has its flaws and this is the one for the Abingdon show. Its a great show and although only being on for a day well worth the effort. I have walked far further to get to a show (like Warley for instance where its a fair walk to get to the show if you dont take the bus) I always park far away from the venue so not to clog up the nearby parking and it takes me a couple of mins to get there. Unfortunately one of the agreements to using the venue is we cannot use the main carpark as this is still needed for regular visitors who use the place.

Missy sad.gif

• RMweb Gold

Are their any facilities for Blue Badge disabled car parking at or adjacent to the venue?

I haven't got a blue badge but I have got osteo-arthritis which can making walking difficult and I have found that explaining that to those 'guarding' the car park usually gets a helpful result - both at Abingdon in the past and at Wycrail last year (the latter being just as well because that day things were particularly bad when I started to (try to) walk.

Anyway I am officially advised by 'the management' that the diary is clear so I can set forth to Abingdon this Saturday.

I cant believe that you guys will miss the show just because of the parking isnt on the doorstep! Every venue has its flaws and this is the one for the Abingdon show.

Hi Missy, good to know you are fit and able - sadly we are not all as young and athletic as we once were.

With some shows the alternate car parks are just too far to add to the added walking around the halls. Sadly, I think this is not given high enough priority when selecting venues. I am not "disabled" but these days it is an increasingly important factor for me when selecting a MRS from the many that compete with each other on the same day.

I cant believe that you guys will miss the show just because of the parking isnt on the doorstep!

Ten or more years ago it wouldn't have been a problem. But playing football regularly and for a long time into veterans age has left me suffering. I've already got one false hip and the other needs doing due to osteo-arthritis and the rheumatoid-arthritis due to psoriasis is taking it toll on the smaller joints like knees and ankles.

However, I might try getting there after lunch if it is likely to have thinned out a bit by then - does that happen?

G.

• RMweb Gold

I should be there in the afternoon after I've brought my daughter back from her football match.

It is a good show - and I don't mind it being one day, as in previous years the Abingdon club have also had a "balancing" one-day exhibition in Didcot during October.

Best Regards,

Zero Gravitas.

Archived