THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

Hi Dungrange,

37424 was renumbered to 558 to celebrate the Vulcan 558 Bomber. The re-number was meant to be temporary but I'm not sure it's been changed back yet.

Cheers

Edited by Wayne 37901

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the layout in this month's Rail Express Modeller...excellent work! The photos do great credit to the layout and bring it to life.

Thank you, John Humphries is responsible for the photographs and what a great job he has done.

Guest Digital

Thanks for the kind comments.

The photos show what a great layout "The Sidings" is.  

Together with  your excellent modelling skills and great attention to detail.

Regards

John

I have to say that, having seen this layout at Glasgow and chatted with Nick, this is a layout that doesn't need good photography to flatter it.  I love the natural look that has been achieved and the whole presentation is up there with the best.  I'm not normally a small layout fan but i stopped at this one for a while and returned several times.

M

I have to say that, having seen this layout at Glasgow and chatted with Nick, this is a layout that doesn't need good photography to flatter it.  I love the natural look that has been achieved and the whole presentation is up there with the best.  I'm not normally a small layout fan but i stopped at this one for a while and returned several times.

M

Thank you Matt.

Thanks James.

Would you believe that was 15 years ago!

There certainly plenty of diesel modellers who have been directly inspired by that, Holland Park and now this lovely layout! I know I have been.

There certainly plenty of diesel modellers who have been directly inspired by that, Holland Park and now this lovely layout! I know I have been.

Thank you Jonas. Although I was oblivious at the time DYSERTH ROAD did seem to become layout that inspired lots of layouts particularly DCC depot layouts.

A blast from the past.........

post-7968-0-23381700-1495276887.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you Jonas. Although I was oblivious at the time DYSERTH ROAD did seem to become layout that inspired lots of layouts particularly DCC depot layouts.

A blast from the past.........

Yes a blast indeed and some sort of a benchmark- had the pleasure of a go at Rawtenstall DCC ex a few years back.