THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

Hi Nick

Great to see the layout in the flesh today  looked great well done - .And enjoy Scotland. 

Hugh

Thanks Hugh, good to see you today, thanks for the nice comments catch up with you somewhere soon.

This layout is like a masterclass on how to make an effective layout, and just goes to show that even a smallish layout can have a lot of impact visually.

I love how simple an idea the track layout is, but yet has lots of potential as to running pretty much any loco on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Work in progress, DRS 20303. The basis is the Olivias conversion which I believe is R3sprays work. I have added buffer pipework and various transfers, depot sticker above numbers, jacking point transfers and the small warning/information labels along the solebar.

post-7968-0-82077400-1486917450_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

My DRS 68005 arrived today I was a bit apprehensive seeing comments and photos of poorly applied nameplates. Happy to say mine seems fine. Just fitted a LegomanBiffo sound chip to it and it is currently 'running in' in my rolling road. With Biffs sound chip you can have different lighting effects here are two. All headlights on and just the Halo lights on.

post-7968-0-32335900-1487356913_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-62566800-1487356921_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

My DRS 68005 arrived today I was a bit apprehensive seeing comments and photos of poorly applied nameplates. Happy to say mine seems fine. Just fitted a LegomanBiffo sound chip to it and it is currently 'running in' in my rolling road. With Biffs sound chip you can have different lighting effects here are two. All headlights on and just the Halo lights on.

wow thats a stunner any chances of a video with legomans sound please .

• Like 1