East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

Views of the A15 bridge from the Lincoln Road bridge

Tell me if  I am wrong, but I get the impression they are adding sheet metal on the road side of the railings to eliminate any horizontal bars for people to climb up and over: 

DSC_0449.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, melmerby said:

What's the point of the stepped concrete wall with railings on top to the left of the tracks?

Why is there a traffic cone?

:jester:

It is a deflection wall to protect the bridge abutment should there be a derailment.

Why is it stepped on the top?  I have no idea.

Traffic cones have been used all over the site, most seem to be abandoned now.

Do you notice the sheet of metal on the top of the bridge with the sloping bottom?

That is to stop people from walking along the ledge to get over the railway beneath.  Can't have razor wire instead incase it cuts the idiots that want to jump.

• Informative/Useful 4

48 minutes ago, rodent279 said:

Are there any pics of this scene before work started, when it was still a road?

How about a video I made from Google Maps?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_n1wUrmqKT14gW56tewboVVMX-aZYU-Y/view?usp=sharing

It is better quality when you download the file to your computer and use a player to view it rather than letting your browser play it.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Thanks 2

About time we had a look around the Cock Lane end.

Some photos and screen grabs from video taken today.

To the right of the green fence where the bulldozer is will remain and become the access road for Network Rail.  To the left of the fence the employees footpath alongside Brook Drain North and the area beneath the electricity pylons is being stripped of hardcore and soil brought in for landscaping.

IMG_8656c.jpg.3c1e76881ba9b4c087f8201cdd331840.jpg

IMG_8657c.jpg.ae5572210da442b8d14f706f9d53969b.jpg

1527117003_Snapshot-10.jpg.2b8bf7d2e74c5db54b3e499a749f62a5.jpg

On to the dive under.  Most of the rail has now been brought through from Hurn Road.  The track laying machine comes again this Saturday night.  Judging by the progress I am assuming that only the Up Line will be installed this time and not both lines done together as they were at Lincoln Road.  The reason I say this is that only the Up Line has the tracks laid out for welding together, only the Up Line has had its centre line marked on the ballast.  Assuming the track has been welded through the dive under and as far as the southern entrance where you can just see the welding taking place in the next photo there is just enough time to complete the welding up to Marholm Junction.  The track laying machine came with around 3000 sleepers last time.  That would be enough to do two tracks from where they finished at Hurn Road and through the dive under or enough to do the single track through to Marholm Junction.

Anyone who would like to place a bet on the outcome please don't contact me.:jester:

IMG_8660c.jpg.a56dd24c3c6006cde5b419fd0ee5c341.jpg

IMG_8659c.jpg.485fc739c600e9e9b92b3ee5a8e742b4.jpg

1930225482_Snapshot-7.jpg.c23b866fbc9275869159dc2ed7f82a56.jpg

The tracked dumper was going at walking pace while the chap in the white helmet was unloading and spacing out the bases and poles ready for the floodlights to be fitted.

1202841576_Snapshot-11.jpg.274608cd2c7a2c293475325d03966bd8.jpg

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

The rail is now in place from Glinton Junction to Marholm Junction on the up line and the welding crews are working away.

IMG-0594.jpg

IMG-0593.jpg

IMG-0591.jpg

IMG-0592.jpg

In case you are wondering what the chap on the left of the photo is doing there are three others at the top of the dive under side wall working on the trackside cabling.

IMG-0596.jpg

IMG-0048.jpg

They're dropping bags of cement into the dive under as well!

IMG-0049.jpg

And others further south as well. There is a further technician working at Marholm Junction on the boxes just south of the 75mph limit sign in the first picture.

IMG-0595.jpg

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Views south from Cock Lane bridge of track laying machine (old mobile phone):

20210711_101855.jpg

20210711_102127.jpg

20210711_103036.jpg

Looking north into dive-under:

20210711_103057.jpg

Views with DSLR:

DSC_0520.JPG

DSC_0522.JPG

DSC_0517.JPG

Edited by Crun
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Is that the first "ordinary" loco on the new track?

Jonathan

I think it was involved in moving the track laying machine to and from the dive-under.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trackside ECML said:

Hope you liked my video

I did indeed. I only found out later that you were also with Richard E and Mick aka werrington junction when I talked to Mick this morning. 

• RMweb Premium

Just a handful from me today.

A new haul road is being built alongside the brook and in front of where the offices were.

IMG-0059.jpg

A lot of hardcore is on site and being moved. I wonder if it will link up with the track off Hurn Road by the stables.

IMG-0060.jpg

It's very wet in front of the car park and looks as if it has been dug out to form a pond.

IMG-0061.jpg

IMG-0062.jpg

Moving on to the newly laid track through the dive under there are a couple of gaps in the sleepers which look as if they are intended for hollow steel sleepers for cable runs. One is right by the signal recess in the dive under ramp (marked out too) and the other at the very top of the ramp although that might just be something to do with the steel bar across both trackbeds.

IMG-0607.jpg

IMG-0608.jpg

In the dive under itself the worklights are still in place and the rail seems to have been set out more evenly along the side of the ramp.

IMG-0609.jpg

I wonder if anyone had noticed this odd stub of track which is all that remains of the old, temporary, Up Stamford.

IMG-0610.jpg

And finally S&T/Comms seem to still be working on site judging by the hivis down at Marholm Junction. Also noticeable is how the rail seem to be much straighter here than it was at Glinton Junction after being laid. finally there is temporary work fencing fitted to the Up Stamford here presumably to cover ballasting and tamping work.

IMG-0611.jpg

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1