Jump to content

Sasquatch

Goathland & Grim-up-North...Queensbury Flockaging alert.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Penrhos1920 said:

 

 

How did a Great Western coach body find its way to West Yorkshire?

Yes yes, well spotted.

Now I suppose I'll have to scratch build a Great Northern one!

 

Perhaps you could help identify it.

1517941_883793195011209_6811741451323811064_n.jpg.30c38ba09e18eece1b7e3e71053de599.jpg

 

Regards Shaun

Edited by Sasquatch
Add content
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Yes yes, well spotted.

Now I suppose I'll have to scratch build a Great Northern one!

 

Perhaps you could help identify it.

1517941_883793195011209_6811741451323811064_n.jpg.30c38ba09e18eece1b7e3e71053de599.jpg

 

Regards Shaun

 

Sorry I’ve no problem idea.  You best post that photo on a LNER forum. All I can say it’s not GWR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update for now. It's always a busy time of year outside around here which hasn't left much time or energy for modeling.

More fencing and brambles have been added to the right hand lift off section which I have placed back on the layout.

I did have a few very interesting running sessions using the triangle to run engines around passenger trains and running those in and out of Bradford. The concept of the double revering loop and passing loops between different sections of Grim UP North is proving to be a lot of interesting fun.

 

A few pics to oggle then...

DSCF1189.JPG.f9885322919f0176495491070d5449bf.JPG

DSCF1175.JPG.d720429ef72a75d711d0deda33965bd4.JPG

DSCF1188.JPG.a95968154e3e386c437a5a9ea907795a.JPG

 

Hope that you are all safe and well

Squatch

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the long shadows from the natural low light, Shaun.

 

That is 10,000% more photogenic than the anodyne fill-flash photography that so many of the "gurus" in today's modelling mags seem to prefer...

 

Well done!

 

Cheers

 

Scott

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G'Day Folks

 

How often do you see the sun 'pop' out for a few minutes on a wet thundery day. perfect.

 

manna

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jukebox said:

I love the long shadows from the natural low light, Shaun.

 

That is 10,000% more photogenic than the anodyne fill-flash photography that so many of the "gurus" in today's modelling mags seem to prefer...

 

Well done!

 

Cheers

 

Scott

 

1 hour ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

 

How often do you see the sun 'pop' out for a few minutes on a wet thundery day. perfect.

 

manna

 

When the evening delivers moody conditions the first thing I do is reach for my camera.

 

Occasionally there's a weather front gets stuck this side of the ridge and the sun briefly floods us with the most magical light as it drops below the cloud line before setting behind the mountain.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.