Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Good man excellent....... see the sleepless nights do work  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

I know I should'nt say this just in case it gives you MORE ideas but it reminds me of the 'Dockers Umbrella ' :stinker:

----------------------------------------------quick exit  :onthequiet:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking good (again) Andy, at least it's not just me who has sleepless nights thinking of track plans!! I'll be thinking of you at 3 in the morning snoring whilst I'm thinking.... :O

Sweet and pleasant dreams

Yes but the stove and kettle in the best of order!!!!

Jinty ;)

OR   just OR   I could have a neat Platform but never bother to get down there with the Camera for the one Passenger Service a day because it's one of those ORRID GREEN BUSES.

• Like 1

Good man excellent....... see the sleepless nights do work  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

I know I should'nt say this just in case it gives you MORE ideas but it reminds me of the 'Dockers Umbrella ' :stinker:

----------------------------------------------quick exit  :onthequiet:

Morning Martin, What the ek is a Dockers Umbrella?

Hi Andy,

Looks like you finally have it all sorted, It looks great now get some sleep. lol

Cheers Peter.

Morning Peter, Yes thanks, last night was the best sleep I've had for ages. Probably also due to the fact that I was in the Shed most of the day cutting wood and SCREWING, (ohhh Missis) so that helped.

Now with room for a bigger Fiddle Yard for Bristol Victoria I can get back on with that project next week.

• Like 2

Looking good (again) Andy, at least it's not just me who has sleepless nights thinking of track plans!! I'll be thinking of you at 3 in the morning snoring whilst I'm thinking.... :O

Sweet and pleasant dreams

Morning Paul, see my comments to Peter above, I can recommend cutting and screwing all day, that helps with sleep mate.

• RMweb Premium

Andy

T'is looking good on both layout fronts.

I don't wish to put a damper on things but are you able to reach the three sidings at the far end of the shed to couple/uncouple? 3 links can be a beggar sometimes.

Morning Peter, Yes thanks, last night was the best sleep I've had for ages. Probably also due to the fact that I was in the Shed most of the day cutting wood and SCREWING, (ohhh Missis) so that helped.

Now with room for a bigger Fiddle Yard for Bristol Victoria I can get back on with that project next week.

Ha ha I always sleep well after a bit of woodwork. 

Take care Peter.

Andy

T'is looking good on both layout fronts.

I don't wish to put a damper on things but are you able to reach the three sidings at the far end of the shed to couple/uncouple? 3 links can be a beggar sometimes.

Morning Ray, Thanks for your concerns mate, it is a bit of a stretch, but is doable, I wont need to reach right into the Corner as the coupling will be done just past the Points. 

post-8721-0-81885000-1484477805.jpg

So lets start a new Page with THE FINAL PLAN :O      Its only taken 27 pages for goodness sake. :O :mail:  

Did I just say that? :no:

Well you have it in writing, :rtfm:

NO more Larry's for me Guys, it's done. :no2:

attachicon.gifFinal Plan 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifFinal Plan 1 002.JPG

attachicon.gifFinal Plan 1 003.JPG

attachicon.gifFinal Plan 1 004.JPG

attachicon.gifFinal Plan 1 005.JPG

attachicon.gifFinal Plan 1 006.JPG

attachicon.gifFinal Plan 1 007.JPG

attachicon.gifTHE PLANK.png

Oh dear,,,,,oh deary deary me.

I've turned up like a bad penny to butt in again. :jester:

Keep it all freight Andy, no station, possibly low relief warehousing, parcels, container freight(the old type), presflow for concrete, etc.

Make the base boards modular so that the fiddle yard and main board can be butted together scenic wise and track wise without the plank for off site display or with the plank for home use. :scratchhead:

O.K. Mick, You are a bad penny, and after making the Platforms this morning, it all looked wrong somehow, no real reason, but just didn't jell once there was a Platform there, it didn't have room for a Goods Shed / Provender Store, a Loading Dock or any Goods Facilities considering it was supposed to be a Goods Yard in use.

So ignore THE FINAL PLAN, because there is a NEW FINAL PLAN, all will be revealed later once I take some pics.

Thanks Mick.

Really it's just an excuse so that I don't have to buy one of those wretched GREEN THINGS.

• RMweb Gold

Morning Ray, Thanks for your concerns mate, it is a bit of a stretch, but is doable, I wont need to reach right into the Corner as the coupling will be done just past the Points.

You'll have to acquire one of the DLOS shunters poles Andy - they're extendable a little! See the O gauge Auto couplers thread, but ideal for coupling and uncoupling three links in 4mm and 7mm.

As for the final final plan ... I always thought there would be a sequel ... just hoping it's not the Christmas special as they're never as good as the main series!!!! ;)

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear,,,,,oh deary deary me.

O.K. Mick, You are a bad penny, and after making the Platforms this morning, it all looked wrong somehow, no real reason, but just didn't jell once there was a Platform there, it didn't have room for a Goods Shed / Provender Store, a Loading Dock or any Goods Facilities considering it was supposed to be a Goods Yard in use.

So ignore THE FINAL PLAN, because there is a NEW FINAL PLAN, all will be revealed later once I take some pics.

Thanks Mick.

Really it's just an excuse so that I don't have to buy one of those wretched GREEN THINGS.

You seem put out that I suggested that. To me it is just another boxy diseasel. I can remember when I was travelling regularly to Paddington the up train in the morning was usually loco hauled but often the train home would be a DMU. At first I was rather against the DMU as it was a rattly thing but after a bit I realised it did give quite good view especially if I could grab a seat at the front and see out through the cab. I would still have preferred a steam loco and coaches but the DMU did have its points.

Don

• Like 1

Here you, Andrew,

Wot is wrong with a railbus?

Hi Clive, Good to see you mate, well WHERE do you want me to start? :O

And for starters if I sat in the front seat, with NO other Passengers on board, it looks like it will tip forward, hahah :scared:  :scared: :scared:  

Anyway, the temptation to run one into the Buffers has now Well and Truly GONE. haha :sungum:

You'll have to acquire one of the DLOS shunters poles Andy - they're extendable a little! See the O gauge Auto couplers thread, but ideal for coupling and uncoupling three links in 4mm and 7mm.

As for the final final plan ... I always thought there would be a sequel ... just hoping it's not the Christmas special as they're never as good as the main series!!!! ;)

Rich

Thanks Rich, I have a Hook with a Torch, but TBH I use a pair of Forceps and find that easier.

BUT I will go and have a look, I might actually learn something new.

You seem put out that I suggested that. To me it is just another boxy diseasel. I can remember when I was travelling regularly to Paddington the up train in the morning was usually loco hauled but often the train home would be a DMU. At first I was rather against the DMU as it was a rattly thing but after a bit I realised it did give quite good view especially if I could grab a seat at the front and see out through the cab. I would still have preferred a steam loco and coaches but the DMU did have its points.

Don

Don't get me wrong Don, I like DMU's but it's just the little Green 4 Wheel thing I don't like. When I was Modelling German HO there was one available in Red, needless to say, I never bought one.