Apple Springs Canyon

Earwicker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A quick update. I've been distracted by work and health issues but I've returned to the modules, adding more scenic details. I'll change the colour of the road on this module I think with a bit more gravel and dust pigments. The whole thing needs some weathering to tie it together. Next is a whole lot of rolling stock weathering before I show this in October.

post-8485-0-24622300-1500369940_thumb.jpgpost-8485-0-35235300-1500369968_thumb.jpgpost-8485-0-61515000-1500369990_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice! You've got that desert wasteland look down perfectly, at least to my eye! :)

Thanks. There are still bits that I'm dissatisfied and frustrated with but hopefully the next thing will be better. I'm hoping to finish these at the beginning of our summer down here (the winter has been miserable in NZ) and then I might start another single module after that, and maybe also a storage module. We are also moving house in the new year and I'm determined to find a place with a room for the layout.

• 1 month later...

Great modelling by the way!

I live in California and you have done a great job with Needles!

On the NCE, have you installed the current update chip? They can be a bit fussy if you do not.

Also the track must be cleaned often as DCC is a with dirty track.

Even new track

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. I haven't done anything on this in a while because of work and my shoddy health, but things are looking up so hopefully I get back into it during our summer. The good news is that due to moving house I now have a dedicated hobby room with space to set this up permanently. Can't wait!

Edited by Earwicker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A new room for all the hobbies, including the layout. 

post-8485-0-28131000-1512611567_thumb.jpg

post-8485-0-62741100-1512611581_thumb.jpg

post-8485-0-18889700-1512611594_thumb.jpg

My wife and I also just returned from a trip to Europe and Japan, where I made some purchases. I sense a change in scale and prototype in my future. :)

post-8485-0-83935700-1512611694_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Earwicker, I had just found this thread today. I had just joined www.rmweb.co.uk a few days ago. Anyways, I have enjoyed looking at the pictures of your layout. You have done a really good job. Williams, Arizona and Needles, California is along the Interstate 40 freeway in the American Southwest. I have traversed along that highway a lot of times as a truck driver. You have captured the scenery aspect of that part of America. Keep up the good work!

Wendell

Idaho, USA

• Like 1