Coleborne Junction - Southern Steam 50's - 60's era

pitbull1845

• RMweb Gold

Agree the canopies are simply superb - as is the footbridge. It really shouts LSWR at me, at least. Happy Hour is great for letting rip with the models that don't quite fit - we should all do that occasionally if we have them - but there seems to be no shortage of appropriate power and trains either. The whole layout looks credible, as a result.

I have no knowledge of the subject matter being a current scene modeller myself. But I guess its like a freightliner 66 hauling EWS coal hoppers... Not the norm.

To be honest I didn't even notice but if it's that bad an error I'll happily remove the clip and film a more accurate one next time. The last thing I want to do is tarnish Trackbeds layout with inaccuracies.

• RMweb Gold

I have no knowledge of the subject matter being a current scene modeller myself. But I guess its like a freightliner 66 hauling EWS coal hoppers... Not the norm.

To be honest I didn't even notice but if it's that bad an error I'll happily remove the clip and film a more accurate one next time. The last thing I want to do is tarnish Trackbeds layout with inaccuracies.

Relax! It really doesn't matter! Honestly!

Sorry it wasn't ment to come across like Its caused me any concern. I don't get wound up by things like this.

I've removed the clip until I can re-do it purely as its not my layout and for those in the know it is clearly a thing that would not happen and as you say its not the best vid to promote Nicks fine layout.

I wouldn't put a clip on my own layout thread that wasn't right.

• Like 1

Hi guys i think the dilemma of the of the G.W. brake is that the goods has come down from Wimhill Lane (the branch which is G.W.R.) or just happy hour? Yes we must change it for a Queen Mary or maybe one of the new Bachmann S.R. pillbox vans that are now available (hope we got away with that ) :scratchhead:

Nick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys now the canopys are out the way, an up date on the next projects. We are building a new signal box for the main junction, this is being constructed from the metcalfe range and scratch building the top half and roof to a southern region look and colour ( hopefully ) Also we need to finish the detail work on the loco shed, and finally to get the turntable running smoothly. Then maybe we can cary on building the branch line up to Wimhill Lane G.W.R. Hopefully Scott will place a few more pictures on soon

Nick.

• Like 1

Work has commenced on the signal box, Trackbed aka Nick was busy making and fitting windows for it. Wireman was fitting chips and Pooleboy, well hew was in a world of his own....

A few pictures after last nights visit.

Local service heads up to Wimhill Lane.

post-6849-0-71772800-1350464168.jpg

Maroon traction has managed to infiltrate the depot. We can see you!

post-6849-0-19441200-1350464186.jpg

A more traditonal view of the depot

post-6849-0-63893700-1350464195.jpg

My compulsory sepia shot.

post-6849-0-77775200-1350464205.jpg

Finally the Happy hour shot.

67024 delivers some new brake vans.

post-6849-0-32863800-1350464835.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 9