Class 25/1 Underframe Equipment in OO gauge

I'm currently hacking away at a Bachmann class 25 chassis.

I emailed 'Brassmasters' regarding their class 25 underframe OO gauge detailing parts - battery boxes, fuel, tanks etc. I received an email stating that they are no longer producing these parts anymore. 

Does anybody know of any other companies who produce these? I'm happy to consider Resin/Brass etch/3D printed parts.

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I bought a set of the Brassmasters parts when I was doing my Class 25s for Black Country Blues, but found that (with care) the Bachmann parts can be modified and reused which saves the cost of the replacement parts.  The Bachmann boiler water tank is a separate part anyway, so it's just a case of carefully cutting the fuel tanks/battery boxes, then reassembling.

One part from the Brassmasters range that I wouldn't want to be without is the plates for the bodyside steps, they make a far neater job than I ever managed by any other means.  Fortunately it looks like the etched parts are still available.

I bought a set of the Brassmasters parts when I was doing my Class 25s for Black Country Blues, but found that (with care) the Bachmann parts can be modified and reused which saves the cost of the replacement parts.  The Bachmann boiler water tank is a separate part anyway, so it's just a case of carefully cutting the fuel tanks/battery boxes, then reassembling.

One part from the Brassmasters range that I wouldn't want to be without is the plates for the bodyside steps, they make a far neater job than I ever managed by any other means.  Fortunately it looks like the etched parts are still available.

I'm in middle of same hacking about process on two of my 25s and used the Bachmann tanks and some plasticard/filler/wire/pins to rebuild.  I'm not striving for 100% perfection simply trying to get something that looks better when trundling around.  Time taken to rebuild these was longer than hacking away underframe and rebuilding ladder chassis in approved manner! 

post-17870-0-26032500-1485456930_thumb.jpg

post-17870-0-49124500-1485457120_thumb.jpg

On the model I'm modifying I shaped them from Plasticard but for the next one I'm going to opt for the etch. The boiler blanking panels could be useful too.

• 2 weeks later...

Sales were never brilliant and the advent of the Bachmann 24 with head code boxes finished of the seperate head code boxes. Sales did not justify another batch of resins, remember that are produced in batches (usually 50) so sales did not justify another batch.

David

Sales were never brilliant and the advent of the Bachmann 24 with head code boxes finished of the seperate head code boxes. Sales did not justify another batch of resins, remember that are produced in batches (usually 50) so sales did not justify another batch.

David

I didn't buy any of the resin parts despite being very keen to build some 24s and 25s. I did buy the etch though.

For me the resin cab roofs didn't address the fact that the Bachmann cab is the wrong shape. If a full cab had been available I would have bought many of them.

I didn't buy any of the resin parts despite being very keen to build some 24s and 25s. I did buy the etch though.

For me the resin cab roofs didn't address the fact that the Bachmann cab is the wrong shape. If a full cab had been available I would have bought many of them.

Me too. I've found it difficult to source Hornby donor bodies for the cabs at a reasonable price. 

Archived