BRM March + FREE credit-card size Magnifying Card + FREE DVD!

SteveCole

• Administrators

Hi,

The March 2017 issue of BRM is now on-sale as a Digital Edition and goes on-sale in shops on Thursday, February 2. As well as the FREE BRM DVD, every print copy also comes with a FREE BRM/Rails of Sheffield credit-car size Magnifying Card.

Below lists what's inside this month's magazine. We'll be posting a short DVD preview soon!

To guarantee your copy EVERY month and enjoy free delivery to your door, click here to subscribe & save! 

The BRM Team

post-14186-0-67050700-1485510551_thumb.jpg

***INCLUDES BRM TV DVD*** 

In this episode of BRM TV...

- Norwood Road (current scene OO gauge with accurate signalling)
- Control your layout with your phone on a custom DCC system
- We get 3-D scanned and printed to create realistic model figures
- Behind the scenes at a 3-D print show to see latest 3-D printers

IN THIS ISSUE OF BRM...

Layouts

- 'Norwood Road' (OO gauge current scene inspired by a trip to Croydon)
- 'Lough MPD' (O gauge BR Steam MPD)
- 'Welby Lane' (OO gauge inspired by Derby RTC)
- 'Elliott Rail Services' (compact OO gauge, ideal for first layout)

Practical

- Making Lime Street Hotel using computer design
- Model a network Rail Class 950 'Sprinter'
- Rowmark plastic vs. brass kits, which is best?
- Advice to create your own 3-D models

News and Reviews

- Bachmann's OO Gauge Stanier 'Mogul' on test
- Hornby's LMS/BR 20T coke hoppers
- Bachmann's all-new LNER Thompson stock reviewed

Plus...

- Interview with model retailer Hatton's
- Update on 'Heaton Lodge' - a mammoth O gauge project
- Three trackplans to help influence your layout design
- Industry Insider - new ways to cut RTR costs?
 - Win a OO gauge ambulance train pack 

• RMweb Gold

Seems to be some issues with the iPad version this month, only got to p25 so far but there are already two pages with a really bad joint between to halfs of the photo. (P5 and 25). I noticed the same last month in at least one place as well.

Congrats to editor Andy.

Congrats to editor Andy.

I will have to quickly jump in here to say I just happened to write the intro page this month after Ben's departure. I'm not the Ed and that page will be written by someone else next month.

As you were.

• RMweb Gold

I will have to quickly jump in here to say I just happened to write the intro page this month after Ben's departure. I'm not the Ed and that page will be written by someone else next month.

As you were.

Without "naming names" or anything like that, is next month's intro page likely to be written by the new BRM Editor - or will BRM still be in a "holding pattern"?

Whoever the new Editor is, I wonder if they'll "break cover" by posting an entry in the BRM Blog section of this site.

I also wonder if they're anticipating a long weekend at "Ally Pally", fielding questions from BRM readers old and new about the magazine's future "direction of travel" and increased tie-ins with RMweb, based around build challenges or whatever. (Probably not - but who knows?)

For obvious reasons, please don't worry if you're not in a position to comment about any of this stuff. (I'm just looking forward to meeting you, the new Editor and the rest of the BRM / RMweb team at a show in the not too distant future.)

Regards,

Huw.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

The March 2017 issue of BRM is now on-sale as a Digital Edition and goes on-sale in shops on Thursday, February 2. As well as the FREE BRM DVD, every print copy also comes with a FREE BRM/Rails of Sheffield credit-car size Magnifying Card.

My father had a credit car. It was a Vauxhall Viva on the HP .

Without "naming names" or anything like that, is next month's intro page likely to be written by the new BRM Editor - or will BRM still be in a "holding pattern"?

We're finishing the Spring issue off over the next few days so it will probably be written by Howard or Phil.

I was asked to write this month's as I'd previously said I'd like to thank Ben for his time in the role.

Seems to be some issues with the iPad version this month, only got to p25 so far but there are already two pages with a really bad joint between to halfs of the photo. (P5 and 25). I noticed the same last month in at least one place as well.

On the Android version P25 looks OK but the upper image of the Pannier on P5 hasn't been re-formatted for the digi-version as it has the overlap we use to overcome the perfect binding on the paper copy.

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Hi Steve,

Tesco appear to have decided not to stock BRM - at least in Scotland.

I was fortunate enough to latch onto their roving 'News agency, manager when he did a visit to a local store.

He put a question the staff member he was with and they didn't know the answer to - but I did. (Not railway related)

Having got the answer from me he asked what magazines I bought etc - so I told him.

I also said I would buy others - if they put them on the shelf.

This was when he advised that they were no longer taking BRM...

Over to you!

Thanks

Don't you mean "HA"? *

(* I believe there was a light commercial vehicle variant of the Vauxhall Viva. It was called the Bedford HA.)

Huw.

The Viva started with the HA, then the HB and finishing with the HC, the only one available as a van was the HA which remained in production while the saloon and estate versions went through the other incarnations.

• RMweb Premium

The Viva started with the HA, then the HB and finishing with the HC, the only one available as a van was the HA which remained in production while the saloon and estate versions went through the other incarnations.

Yep my fathers was an HC bought on HP

I would think they will arrive in the next couple of days.

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy, although I have given my dad strict instructions that the DVD won't be watched when I'm in the room as I don't want to watch myself! Lol

Simon

• Administrators

Hi Steve,

Tesco appear to have decided not to stock BRM - at least in Scotland.

I was fortunate enough to latch onto their roving 'News agency, manager when he did a visit to a local store.

He put a question the staff member he was with and they didn't know the answer to - but I did. (Not railway related)

Having got the answer from me he asked what magazines I bought etc - so I told him.

I also said I would buy others - if they put them on the shelf.

This was when he advised that they were no longer taking BRM...

Over to you!

Thanks

Can you let me know which store it is please?

Has anyone else not received their subscription copy? With publication tomorrow, I would have expected it before now....

Mot received mine either John and as there seems to be a lack of comment on here with views on content I'm guessing that they haven't or only just have gone out.

Archived