Macclesfield Exhibition 11 - 12 March 2017

MMRG

Tytherington High School , Manchester Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 2EE (the little yellow train signs will guide you to the school)

Opening times:  Saturday 10am to 5pm, Sunday 10am to 4:30pm (come early or late if you want to avoid the midday rush)

Admission charges : Adult £6.00, accompanied children FREE (under 16)

Free parking, level access for wheelchairs and there are excellent refreshments - you can even get a lovely Sunday roast - so it is a nice day out for all the family.

For more information:

See      -   www.macclesfieldmrg.og.uk

Email -   queries@macclesfieldmrg.org.uk

Layouts Confirmed to Date:

Bottle Kiln Lane OO9

Fort Whiting OO9

Foster Street N

Barton Road N

Deansmoor N

Glenuig EM

Grime Street (Trams) OO

Chebstone OO

Happy Valley OO

Kepier Colliery OO

Beech Mount (MMRG) OO

Sutton Central (MMRG) OO

Sutton Hilltop (MMRG) OO

Weaver Hill OO

29th Street Wharf HO

Marmagne HO

Kleinbahn Wuppertal: Loh – Hatzweld O

Eaton Hall GN15

Traders Confirmed to Date:

ABC Model Railways

Booklaw Publications

Country Park Models

Country Scenes & Trees

Direct Train Spares

Eileen’s Emporium

Great Central (Model) Railways

JP Models

Linda Tinker Books

MegaPoints Controllers

Online Films

SMTF

Sweets of Yesteryear

The Junction Box

Dispalys Confirmed to Date:

Meccano (MMRG)

• RMweb Premium

All the stock checked out for Chebstone debut exhibition at Macclesfield this coming weekend.

Chebstone is a small western region layout set in the 1060s so a mixture of late steam and early green diesels

Just a few odds and ends to sort

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Chebstone all set up, not many layouts had arrived when I left just after 18:00

Eileen's Eporium makings its first appearance at Macclesfield

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Be aware of road works starting today (11 March) in Congelton at the junction of the Macclesfield Road.

You may wish to look for a alternative route.

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Funnily enough I was thinking about that about 10 mins ago when making my decision about whether to come over today

went to congleton on Thursday and saw the matrix things giving advance warnings, will consult google maps in a bit

Going to call in at the toy fair in crewe first then head over for the afternoon (got to get home from Derby on the train first though!)

Evening all 

Yes reckon it was you , after discussing the finer points of west coast signalling , nice to get to speak to you properly ,other than over the phone or shouting out of window !!!!, After the morning headaches the layout has settled down now , fingers crossed for tomorrow , all in all though this is its second time working , other than quick tests down at work  , need to find somewhere to leave it up so we can run it more and iron out the faults. all repairs carried out on stock ready for tomorrow ,

GN15 ( Work in progress ) running ok , few jobs to carry out , lots of comments about the trees , and no one looked in the house , i know not to everyone's taste , this kind of layout , but it was a venture into the unknown , and reckon we will carry on .

Thanks to Shaun for a nice evening out , hoping all goes well tomorrow , look forward to seeing anyone that pops along for a chat .

Cheers 

Well done to MMRG and the exhibitors and traders on a super child-friendly show - and there were a good number of kids present this morning who all seemed to be enjoying it which can only be good for the hobby. It was our grandson's first show and he was captivated by what he saw, his face when he was 'driving' Gordon and James on Happy Valley was an absolute picture. 

He particularly liked the long, fast trains on Weaver Hill and Sutton Hilltop, but was equally taken by the trams on Grime Street. Phrase of the day:"More trains Grandad!"

Ken...

• RMweb Premium

Had a great weekend with the new layout Chebstone all worked fine, but a few modifications before its next outing at Derby in a couple of months time.

A big thank you to Shaun and the Macclesfield team for a nice friendly exhibition once again.

Good to meet up and put faces to a few more RMWEB members

Eltel

I have not done Macc for a few years so it was a pleasant surprise.  Visited on a Saturday morning (well mid day) and the car parking was just about coping.  It may be that I rarely visit shows on a Saturday morning but what really stood out on this show was the number of youngsters attending.  This show seemed to have conquered the demographics. .

I also remember Macclesfield from years ago feeling very crowded.  This time I felt there was more space and a better atmosphere.  That was rounded off by some excellent layouts.  Barton Road was a favourite for me.  You have to remind yourself its N - working sound, signals and quality modelling.

Archived