Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

PC Dibble is looking the wrong way - there is a very shady character behind him, next to the lamppost...

Ah, yes, but the shady character's associates have just been moved along by PC Dibble, who is informing the complainant that any further trouble could be avoided by not throwing emty tea mugs at them.

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

Red Leader calling Base. Red Leader calling Base. Over.

Base here, Red Leader. Over.

No sign of the Railcar yet Base. Will swing around over the river and head up the line. Over.

Good hunting Red Leader.Base out.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

I have to say that there are some quality scruffy rooves there. Well observed and beautifully executed. I've still got about three quarters of my stock to do. I'd like to use the second picture as my yardstick.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Red Leader calling Base. Red Leader calling Base. Over.

Base here, Red Leader. Over.

No sign of the Railcar yet Base. Will swing around over the river and head up the line. Over.

Good hunting Red Leader.Base out.

Base to Red Leader, over.

Red Leader receiving, over.

Check railcar not hiding in goods shed. Base out.

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I have to say that there are some quality scruffy rooves there. Well observed and beautifully executed. I've still got about three quarters of my stock to do. I'd like to use the second picture as my yardstick.

Thanks.

Each item of rolling stock is painted independently of the others and it is one of my pet foibles that not one item looks the same.

Edited by KNP
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

I'm going to have to take people to task for their radio operating procedure. I'm not a pedant and I don't criticise other people's work, but you have something to learn. I can accept the callsign Red Leader as being part of it's time, but the other party would not use Base as a callsign. Despite what you see and hear in comics and films.

Spot the deliberate misuse of an apostrophe.

I wish there was an emoji for tongue-in-cheek and another for groan. I'm sure they'd both come in useful.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, KNP said:

Thanks.

Each item of rolling stock is painted independently of the others and it is one of my pet foibles that one item looks the same.

Understand and agree with you completely. I do tend to build and paint wagons in a kind of production line, but when it comes to weathering I will do only one, then go and do something completely different for a while. We don't need that factory weathered orange overspray look now do we?

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Son to Dad - Why has it all gone dark Dad ?

Dad to Son - Dunno lad, but keep your head down, I think I can hear a Messerschmitt overhead

Mum to Daughter - (Stupid bloke, that's a Sopwith Camel if ever I heard one)

Daughter to Mum - Ooh, can I have the camel instead of my teddy bear ?

• Funny 8

3 minutes ago, CDGfife said:

If the Railcar is being loaded in the goods shed (and referring earlier debate), does that make it a freight train, goods bus or Railvan?;)

Chris

Or plain hiding?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'm going to have to take people to task for their radio operating procedure. I'm not a pedant and I don't criticise other people's work, but you have something to learn. I can accept the callsign Red Leader as being part of it's time, but the other party would not use Base as a callsign. Despite what you see and hear in comics and films.

I wish there was an emoji for tongue-in-cheek and another for groan. I'm sure they'd both come in useful.

We all know it's 'Broadsword' and 'Danny Boy'...

• Agree 3
  • Funny 4

9 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Dad to Son - Dunno lad, but keep your head down, I think I can hear a Messerschmitt overhead

She can’t do that as you must never leave a bare behind!!!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

In what time period is your joke set? It's not likely (although technically possible) that a Sopwith Camel and a Messerschmidt would be airborne at the same time. Messerschmidt wasn't formed until 1938.

Please get it right.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

29 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

O’ver and ou’t

DDBB3AA2-043D-4695-A10F-AF5C0A7E4A04.jpeg.9d888ac669b8e90a736e5a9504c993fd.jpeg

Will this do?

• Funny 10

2 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

In what time period is your joke set? It's not likely (although technically possible) that a Sopwith Camel and a Messerschmidt would be airborne at the same time. Messerschmidt wasn't formed until 1938.

Please get it right.

Good job it wasn’t a Fokker!!!!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Please get it right.

Firstly - Everyone knows the Squadron Leader flies a Sopwith Camel - that much has been much documented.

Secondly - The time period for Little Muddle is very much in the timey-wimey, flexible, Dr Who-style of vagueness, so what might be 1930 at Encome Town might also be later 1939 at Little Muddle.

Thirdly - Bayerische Flugzeugwerke AG was founded in 1916 and is the forerunner to Messerschmitt, so it's entirely possible that the engine noises of the two could be mistaken.

Fourthly - Have you fixed your flap yet?

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Firstly - Everyone knows the Squadron Leader flies a Sopwith Camel - that much has been much documented.

Can't argue with that, as much as I'd like to.

Secondly - The time period for Little Muddle is very much in the timey-wimey, flexible, Dr Who-style of vagueness, so what might be 1930 at Encome Town might also be later 1939 at Little Muddle.

Only if you're travelling with your back to the engine. Unless it's a single vehicle train.

Thirdly - Bayerische Flugzeugwerke AG was founded in 1916 and is the forerunner to Messerschmitt, so it's entirely possible that the engine noises of the two could be mistaken.

Which is why the 109 had the prefix Bf. Possible, yes. Likely, no.

Fourthly - Have you fixed your flap yet?

Wrong topic!

• Like 4