Little Muddle

KNP

18 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Springside used to do a whole range of tractors.. 

I am in no way wishing to doubt Mr Wolfs accurate statement about said tractors reliability but wouldn't it have been easier to say it was c%&p - other expletives are available.

Yours

M Ferguson.

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That one would suit 1950 onwards. Except that it ought to be blue with orange wheels....;)

Should actually be like the one in Benbows photo, but you would be correct abandoning it in the barn. Usually this is due to: Faulty magneto, faulty carburettor, cracked vapourising manifold, blown water pump or radiator, stuck exhaust valve, blown clutch..... or general malaise....

Or a load of farmworkers loafing about in the field instead of getting on with some work!! Seems to be a common theme in LM :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

13 hours ago, Benbow said:

Or a load of farmworkers loafing about in the field instead of getting on with some work!! Seems to be a common theme in LM :lol: 

How do Farm Workers make bread?

By Loafing about in a field of corn.:D:banghead:

I know, I know, I'm already on me bike.:laugh::dancer:

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

How do Farm Workers make bread?

By Loafing about in a field of corn.:D:banghead:

I know, I know, I'm already on me bike.:laugh::dancer:

You’ll have to

wheat

a minute until I find my bike!!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

16 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That one would suit 1950 onwards. Except that it ought to be blue with orange wheels....;)

Should actually be like the one in Benbows photo, but you would be correct abandoning it in the barn. Usually this is due to: Faulty magneto, faulty carburettor, cracked vapourising manifold, blown water pump or radiator, stuck exhaust valve, blown clutch..... or general malaise....

I always liked those "don't give a s*** if I work or not" tractors.  Leaking hydraulics, although probably would not stop the thing running if it could be arsed.  So as well as buses on bridges you don't like tractors as well.  Shocking:D    

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 19/02/2021 at 10:00, Neal Ball said:

In visiting LM today, I am not sure whether I am required to comment on (...) the Dukedom arriving.

I've often thought Kevin deserves an award for the standard of his modelling. This honour is richly deserved.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Best bet would be a Fordson N, built from 1927 in Ireland, built from 1933 in Dagenham. Someone did a kit and I built one, either scalelink or springside.

Im090627BR-ForStdN-42.jpg

You don't want a little grey fergie, they started production of those in 1946.

• Like 11

Instead of one Pannier how about three....!

I was going to scrap this one as I set the ISO to high hence the grainy, washed out appearance, looked worse in monochrome!

It's the only one I have at the moment with all three of Panniers in the frame, so to speak....

3413.jpg.b4d958b848637e49b0459cddb9dbd86c.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, Benbow said:

Excellent.......you just need to watch for the variations that took place over the years so that it matches your time frame. I will be watching closely :D 

Thats easy...

I’ll cover it with a tarpaulin!

Oh, I’ve realised I could have done that with the current one and nobody would have known...

Edited by KNP
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6