Hi Paul I just take photos with my iPhone, email them to myself then upas is our home PC, I find the pics never upload dice toy from my phone gallery for some reason to do with picture size.

Best regards

Craig

Translation requested

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Paul it's free though and no one is going to try and shaft some dosh out of you later down the line

I've just emailed myself the work so far on the 37 but the quality of the pic is shocking

• RMweb Gold

If you can upload to PB then you can just as easily upload directly to RMWeb!

Dave

Photo bucket uploads the full image no matter what size rmweb has to be below a certain size for some reason.

Cheers

It's almost certainly to do with storage. it only needs a 300-400kb photo to illustrate a post here but your typical iPhone/iPad photo is probably 4mb or more. That's 10 - 12 times the storage required as well as 10 - 12 times the download time etc. There are a couple of good reasons for starters! It's the work of a few seconds to resize a copy for uploading to RMWeb or WT (that's Western Thunder).

Dave

• RMweb Gold

It's almost certainly to do with storage. it only needs a 300-400kb photo to illustrate a post here but your typical iPhone/iPad photo is probably 4mb or more. That's 10 - 12 times the storage required as well as 10 - 12 times the download time etc. There are a couple of good reasons for starters! It's the work of a few seconds to resize a copy for uploading to RMWeb or WT (that's Western Thunder).

Dave

I normally do all my updates on my phone so not sure I can resize pics using it?

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated mate

Hi Paul I just take photos with my iPhone, email them to myself then upas is our home PC, I find the pics never upload dice toy from my phone gallery for some reason to do with picture size.

Best regards

Craig

Well that just proves my iphone is **** !!!! email myself then use our home pc to upload them ..... I find the pics never upload correctly from my iphone gallery for some reason to do with picture size.

Hope this helps, okay just off to squeeze the phone in the vice for a few minutes.

Craig.

• RMweb Gold

Well that just proves my iphone is **** !!!! email myself then use our home pc to upload them ..... I find the pics never upload correctly from my iphone gallery for some reason to do with picture size.

Hope this helps, okay just off to squeeze the phone in the vice for a few minutes.

Craig.

Nightmare isn't it haha

If you've got a PC, go to Filehippo.com and search for 'Free Picture Resizer'  It will allow you to resize the pictures and then you can upload them to RMWeb easily.

In that particular program you can do basic things as far as picture manipulation, such as crop, brightness, contrast, sharpen etc. I find the resizing tool is easy to use, the original picture file is 6000 x 4000 from my camera, so the resize is set with the longest side of the picture being 1500 and providing the aspect ratio is selected it will be fine for RMWeb.

My camera kicks out pictures that are much too big for RMWeb, and my phone is too big too, so I e-mail myself the pictures from that and deal with them in the same way.

The app is here:     http://filehippo.com/search?q=Free+Picture+Resizer

Here's one I've just done from last Wednesday..................................

post-14906-0-35230000-1498889911_thumb.jpg

Paul did say he was looking for a couple of kettle's on here!!!!!!!!  :onthequiet:

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks David, I never use my pc to upload photos unfortunately, I just use my phone or iPad as it's far easier so I need to find away of doing it on there otherwise I'll just have to not post pics :(

Thanks again

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul

Don't know why I missed this thread but great to see you up and running with a new shed idea. Such memories for me around Bootle to Aintree. I'm slowly progressing with my fictitious "Walton on the Hill ish" OO layout (really hope I haven't upset Michael too much but it will never be exhibited, it's just the track plan ticks all the boxes for me).

All the best, photophucket are a charming company eh?

Thanks David, I never use my pc to upload photos unfortunately, I just use my phone or iPad as it's far easier so I need to find away of doing it on there otherwise I'll just have to not post pics :(

Thanks again

Select the photos that you want to resize in your iPhone/iPad album, then email them to yourself.

When you hit 'Send', you will be asked if you want to send them 'as is' or resize to one of three smaller sizes.

Select the middle one as a sensible resolution for posting then 'send'

Save the photos in your email when it arrives. The original photos won't be overwritten. 

You can then add these much smaller-size photos to your posts.

It's clunky but it works!

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Select the photos that you want to resize in your iPhone/iPad album, then email them to yourself.

When you hit 'Send', you will be asked if you want to send them 'as is' or resize to one of three smaller sizes.

Select the middle one as a sensible resolution for posting then 'send'

Save the photos in your email when it arrives. The original photos won't be overwritten. 

You can then add these much smaller-size photos to your posts.

It's clunky but it works!

Dave

That's what I used to do Dave before I used PB but when I tried last night the photos I sent myself where if shocking quality once reduced and no good for posting, maybe rmweb needs to up its upload limits, must be quite a few people in the same boat because of this :( non of this hassle with fb though haha full HD uploads ;)

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul

Don't know why I missed this thread but great to see you up and running with a new shed idea. Such memories for me around Bootle to Aintree. I'm slowly progressing with my fictitious "Walton on the Hill ish" OO layout (really hope I haven't upset Michael too much but it will never be exhibited, it's just the track plan ticks all the boxes for me).

All the best, photophucket are a charming company eh?

Hi Rodger thanks mate I've started planning the shed it's going to be pretty large about 4K' :O PB is a pain in the ass but I'm not payin £5 a month to upload my photos. Good luck with Walton on the hill looking forward to pics of your own :)

Not sure if your on face book but I've set up a group for weathering and the progress of the depot

https://m.facebook.com/groups/441351382898306

Thanks again and hopefully I can sort the photos out

Use the middle-size photos which will be c150 - 250kb and that will be fine for uploading. If you use the smallest resize option, the c40 - 50Kb output looks awful as you have found.

Dave

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well it’s been a very long time since I posted here but I’ve finally got back into modelling and quite a bit has happened since then, we’ve moved house and I’ve got a dream job working on the railway. 

As for the layout I’ve moved the location slightly to around the Edge Hill area and the track plan has changed but North Mersey Diesel 8N is still the name.

over the last few weeks I’ve adapted some custom inspection pits from Intentio, replacing the MDF hard standing with Foamex, this has been painted and weathered and is ready for the fuel pumps to be installed. 

E36BD339-2F23-430A-93F7-2375C478C62B.jpeg

58F01564-C2E9-410F-BD6E-CD9F31C4CD60.jpeg

B676EFE3-724E-4F6B-B713-D1B4F12EE13D.jpeg

ECB93A7E-31FA-49B5-809D-B3E43E497E91.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

I kept expecting (hoping) that EE Type 4 would spring into life.

ps How's Daisy?

Thanks mate the 37 an 47 are bring sound fitted as we speak if that’s any consolation ;) Daisies her usual crazy self but loving the new walks 

A310AB93-0086-414E-9206-191E9D838297.jpeg

08FF05EB-5861-42D3-8F48-980D9E61FB53.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, gismorail said:

So was I ....excellent modelling  

Thanks very much it’s probably the next one I’ll get done only problem is is the fact no one has done an updated cl40 sound for a few years now.