LNWR workbench John

Hi John

Good to see an LNWR workbench.  The paint work on the 50ft coach looks superb which is a real challenge.  Is that a 6wheel PBV in the background too?

I've been tinkering with a DX Special Goods for five years now and also have a Jumbo and Whitworth on the todo list.  All also from LRM

Cheers

Peter

• Like 3

Nice work with the coach livery John.

I have just done a batch of seven carriages after a long break from painting and lining and realised that I had forgotten some of what I had learned and written about. While practice doesn't make perfect in my case, it certainly helps.

Keep at it

Jol

• Like 3

post-19863-0-49250400-1493911807_thumb.jpeg Hi I've recently taken this steam railmotor out of its box I started making it a few years ago it was going together really well and for some reason I just stopped so I intend to get on with it again only problem is I can't find the destructions so if anyone has a set I would love to have a copy if that's possible

Regards

John

• Like 4

Hi John,

nice work but sorry I can't help with the instructions. 

I have the body etches for the Railmotor but no motor bogie etch, so I'll have to design a new one. Did you use the original? What is the roof? The original kits had a vac formed roof IIRC.

Jol

Hi Jol

I got it from Blacksmith models and the roof came with it I've also lost one of the chimneys .Are you thinking of doing a chassis etch I have used the original but it doesn't run very well at the moment but they do look good once they are painted in LNWR livery

John

..... after a long break from painting and lining and realised that I had forgotten some of what I had learned and written about. ...

I believe there's a 'T' shirt for this..

Been, and indeed, I'm still there, but lack the 'T' shirt   :jester: 

I've not only forgotten, but can't even find the tools, decals, transfers etc., I use to use.

The worry is I have 10 coaches on a shelf awaiting completion, let alone those that are basically assembled, but lack paint,

and somebody wants them for their layout at an exhibition in October.... :O .

• Like 2

..... I intend to get on with it again only problem is I can't find the destructions so if anyone has a set I would love to have a copy if that's possible

Is this 4mm ?

If so, and Mallard Models, then yes I have a set of instructions,

though how I still have them after 40 years (the kit was first available in 1976) I have no idea.

If you still need them, PM me.

If anybody's wondering why all my stock photos seem to be in the same location,

they are part of the insurance portfolio.

post-6979-0-33214800-1494095327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 8

Nice build Penlan. It's nice to see a finished Mallard kit. I suspect a lot got started and not finished.

I have 2 gwr bulldogs still boxed I bought them second hand over 10 years ago. Will never build them now.

All the best Steve

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...