(not) New Model Shop in Grantham

Ian Smeeton

• RMweb Premium

Happy to see that Grantham seems to have acquired a new Model Railway Shop.

Unfortunately not had time to drop in, as I was on my way to the hospital, and only saw it as I was stopped at the ligts.

Pay and display car park within 50 yards.

I have had a quick look on line, however, despite the web address in the window, I could not find anything.

The shop is: 'Model Railway Shop Grantham',

I will try and drop in in the next few days to give info.

Regards

Ian

Edired to change thread title.

Edited by Ian Smeeton
  • Like 1

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Model+Railway+Shop+Grantham/@52.9151713,-0.6461023,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4878305560501025:0x85f269432edf239a!8m2!3d52.9151713!4d-0.6439136

It's been there for a few years - it was previously tucked away in Blue Court on the other side of the town centre. We've talked about it before on this thread: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/38549-another-one-gone-grantham-loses-its-model-shop/

I was in there a couple of weeks back. The same chap (Paul) had a model railway shop in exactly the same premises when I was a kid back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, so it's good to be able to spend my money there again. In fact the whole ship is a bit of a time warp - a decent model shop in the middle of a largeish town with decent stocks of Hornby and Bachmann as well as 'proper' modelling stuff like wagon kits, HMRS transfers etc. 

Definitely worth a visit. 

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that.

I had a look on UKmodelshops the other day for model shops close to me, and it didn't show up.

If I had realised it was there earlier I would have been in spending my hard earned there, rather than travelling to occasional exhibitions to blow my budget.

I will make a point  of calling in next time I am in town.

Regards

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, motormouser said:

Pauls son has taken on the shop and is planning to keep it going and maybe even expand! As soon as there's news on the expansion i'll post on here. But i can tell you MRSG is staying.

That’s good to hear, it’s a good little shop and always somewhere to while away some time when SWMBO is having her car serviced in Grantham.

I must have missed the post mentioning Paul’s passing, I knew him from when he traded at the various toy fairs that Julie and John Webb ran. I last saw him at a show, possibly one of the Lincoln shows at Newark Showground.

RIP old fella, we’ll miss you but good to hear the shop will continue.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1