Dapol announce IMPERIUM DCC decoders

MGR Hooper!

Ive installed one in a Dapol 08 and as soon as the loco is put on the track the layout shorts out.

I don't have another loco to test in.

The Bachmann 3 function works fine apart from the lights don't operate correctly.

No manual supplied, or even a bit of paper like other have had

• RMweb Gold

Hi emailed Andy today after a comment on N gauge forum about supporting paperwork. He currently is well on the way with some 60 pages of documentation.  I think that Dapol staff were just a bit quick of the mark with supplying the decoders as the paperwork and thus web pages not ready.

So hang on in there for a bit but war and peace! on its way.  The book of 32 pages for the 68 I think covers basics but I guess we all want bells and whistles....or sound of Fred coupling up and drinking tea!  

Robert          

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I think from the info and a photo that the 21 pin Imperium is a TCS EU621X or a variant on that.

​Regards

​Nick

Hi,

The latest info on the DCC supplies website says the 21pin Imperium is not Railcom equipped, so if it is by TCS its not the EU621X. 

Also the info mentions Coach lighting feature (CV59) ​which isn't mentioned in the TCS EU621X two page information sheet or the TCS CV list or the TCS comprehensive programming guide.

​Some of the integrated circuits are in a different place to the EU621X.

​Regards

​Nick

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm, I installed an Imperium1 in a Dapol ED (E6003) to be precise. This was to check it out vis-a-vis the Zimo decoder which had been fitted and setup with a config which lit up the route indicators as per direction of travel, and, indicated a coreless motor. In respect of the route idicators, CV33 and 34 were amended, so I applied the same logic to the Imperium1. This failed miserably, and even when changing CV29 to reflect a change of direction for travelling ahead instead of reversing made no difference. Anybody any ideas? The Zimo worked just fine and has been installed on a Bachmann 4F which is a new purchase. It works fine there.

Hmmm, I installed an Imperium1 in a Dapol ED (E6003) to be precise. This was to check it out vis-a-vis the Zimo decoder which had been fitted and setup with a config which lit up the route indicators as per direction of travel, and, indicated a coreless motor. In respect of the route idicators, CV33 and 34 were amended, so I applied the same logic to the Imperium1. This failed miserably, and even when changing CV29 to reflect a change of direction for travelling ahead instead of reversing made no difference. Anybody any ideas? The Zimo worked just fine and has been installed on a Bachmann 4F which is a new purchase. It works fine there.

Francis, See my post in the DCC section on the Dapol Imperium decoder. There's a link to the CV settings that have worked for me. Tony

Here's the link   .https://www.tcsdcc.com/Customer_Content/Technical_Info/Tech_Manuals/Comprehensive%20Programming%20Guide.pdf

Edited by Tony Walker

• 4 months later...