micro change of mind

kevo

thanks all for your comments the 37 is a E BAY buy its a really nice loco  . and its VITRAINS  the 1st time i have ever tried one came fitted with TTS sound  . but down side it runs pants . it took ages to get it running and is very juddery  over the week end i will take it apart and have a look . i think it might be a early model  as its got rubber traction tyres . and later models didnt come with them . if i can get it to run as nice as it looks i will be well pleased 

Hi steve  i have used a few of the tts  sound decoders and some have been better than others but from a cost point of view  they are a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the other well known makes on the market . and if you know how to change the CV's  which i think i need to learn how to do . you can make them run to your own personal like ing  to suite your layout . i would like to try one of the more up market sound decoders one day . but for the time being i will stick with the TTS  decoders  also change ing  the speakers  can some times help . hope that is of help steve 

Ta Kevo, it's an 08 that I'd like to convert and the cost is very attractive. I operated a clas 25 the other week and driving it with sound was fun, I put it on notch 1 the brakes came off and the engine note went up a bit and off it moved. Took operating to another level!

Steve.

Hi steve  i brought a Hornby  tts sound 08 in september and was really impressed . only  problem i had was when it ran over the points it did tend to cut out . which is a common thing with all short wheel based  locos i hear . so trying to be clever  i read up on fitting a stay  a live  and how to fit it onto the decoder and was lucky enough to find some think on the net regarding the 08 tts one . well in a nut shell  it all went  down the pan  . the decoder  fryed  its self  l. latter found out that not every one said it was not a good idea with TTS decoders  so i learnt a tough lesson there . only good thing if any was that it was not one of the more expensive ones . not only that Hornby  have  not released the 08 tts decoder for sale on its own or weather they will at a later date . so i have fitted  a lass decoder which has the two wires on the harness for a stay a live this works much better . but i do miss the sound . 

Thanks Kevo, I was at a show this morning and found out about the 08 sound not sold seperately. I fancy getting one for a class 31 but there was nobody that could help me so I'll wait until I go to the Show in Peterborough. I think when sound is done well it's fantastic so I would like to have a dabble.

Steve.

steve  its well worth  a try fitting a tts sound  with some locos its whip of the body shell and just plug in  if its a 8 pin  but if your loco is a 21 pin you need a adapter then it can be a problem  of space but there is loads of help on U TUBE  thats were i get most  of my help  . i did fit a class 31 tts  in a murphy models  irish  class 141 loco it sounded  brill  even if it was the totaly  wrong engine type for that loco . i might even do another  one at some point 

Thanks Kevo, I def want to give it a try, are the i phone speakers hard to get hold of and fit? I was wondering about the space inside a 31, the tts speaker looks pretty big, I wonder if it was designed for the Railroad 31.

Steve.

Hi all . been some time since i last did a post . well this is partly as my old cement layout nearly got sold . but this have ing not  happened  i decided to give it a bit of a revamp . and its changed back to UK  again . as i had been  running   american locos and stock . any way i did have a bit a of a gap to fill by the pump house  , so i brought a Bachmann  silo and re jigged it by lower ing and a bit of cladding  added it needs a touch of weather ing to blend in a bit attachicon.gifDSCF1185.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF1186.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF1188.JPG

That 08 looks right at home in the layout.

• 2 weeks later...

post-26535-0-35388200-1543688476.jpgpost-26535-0-74601300-1543688487.jpgpost-26535-0-45790800-1543688521.jpg hi all a newbee arrived to day  in the form of this nice little  janus  0-6-0  by oxford  rail . there is a bit of a reason why  i brought this . i have been thinking of what new project to do next and see lukes  cronton colliery  micro on a budget  just got me thinking  some think small no points etc so i be collect ing up some bits and bobs over the next few weeks and try and sling some think together . i want to put  a decoder in my  janus  as i use dcc  any body recommend one that they have tried on this loco if they have one please let me know 

• Like 2