DJModels End of Year report 2017

DJM Dave

And where in his post does he “pick at other manufacturers”? I can’t see it, other than a thoroughly honorable mention of two well-known industry figures.

Puzzled.

It is the sentence immediately after the Simon Kohler comment. Seemed a strange thing to have written. Hopefully if Dave took any photos at the show others did not feel they were being spied on. :-)

Personally I'm disappointed for Dave but not surprised that the "Dutch" ones haven't sold through as well as the black ones did.

I'm not trying to court controversy by saying this but the period they represent wasn't actually that long in duration and I suspect the number of people modelling that period, while a very vociferous group are by comparison to the transition period a mere fraction the number.

Or maybe they purchased black ones to repaint in to Dutch yellow/grey not expecting the Dutch ones next.

G

It is the sentence immediately after the Simon Kohler comment. Seemed a strange thing to have written. Hopefully if Dave took any photos at the show others did not feel they were being spied on. :-)

Too busy to even visit other stands, let alone take photographs.

Even if I had the inclination.

• Like 1

How Dave funds each product I think is his choice. If crowd funded, self financed or third party we should all be pleased that the product is getting developed.

If I was a millionaire I'd love to be able to commission Dave to make a certain Leeds built industrial locomotive class.

Hi Dave,

Have got two questions as follows if I may;

1. Will you be distributing your OO Gauge Class 92 variants thru Rails of Sheffield post crowd funding closure as they are currently advertised on the Rails website as a forthcoming release, will they be available to the general public and if so how many for each livery will be allocated for sale (approx.)?

2. Will you be going up against Dapol with the OO Gauge Class 59 or have Dapol dropped that project now?

Cheers

Steve

Hi

Hi Dave,

Have got two questions as follows if I may;

1. Will you be distributing your OO Gauge Class 92 variants thru Rails of Sheffield post crowd funding closure as they are currently advertised on the Rails website as a forthcoming release, will they be available to the general public and if so how many for each livery will be allocated for sale (approx.)?

2. Will you be going up against Dapol with the OO Gauge Class 59 or have Dapol dropped that project now?

Cheers

Steve

Steve

Hi Steve,

No crowdfunded models will be allocated to stockists.

There are some models that will be available to stockists and many have pre-ordered, but they are not of the same livery/number combo as the crowdfunded ones.

No, I have no interest in the 59 in either scale, I’m sad to say. That ship has sailed.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Steve

Hi Steve,

No crowdfunded models will be allocated to stockists.

There are some models that will be available to stockists and many have pre-ordered, but they are not of the same livery/number combo as the crowdfunded ones.

No, I have no interest in the 59 in either scale, I’m sad to say. That ship has sailed.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for responding so quickly.

You may want to advise Rails to remove their advertising/pre-order pages for the OO Gauge Class 59's under your banner, I suppose Dapol will eventually deliver the Class 59 but honestly who knows???

So just on the OO Gauge Class 92 will I be able to purchase from your stockists whether it's Rails or someone else the GBRf Europorte & DB Schenker Red liveried examples and pre-order them if still available or have they all now been allocated and the book is closed?

I noticed the pre-order form on your website still has the option to order the OO Gauge Class 92's but assume it just needs updating with SOLD OUT added to each line, I'm just kicking myself for not pre-ordering last year with all the other stuff being released thus finances took a bit of a hit and your Class 92 looks outstanding.

Cheers.

Hi Steve,

The 92 order book is still open to both gauges, including to the trade on the trade models. Please remember, there are the crowdfunded models in their own livery / number combinations, and there are also alternate livery / number combinations available from stockists.

As for the 59, i hadn't noticed and will mail Rails to get it removed. Thanks for that :-)

cheers

Dave

When the J94 was first announced as well as the 4mm version an O gauge version was also in the pipeline

With no mention since I take it an O gauge version is no longer a consideration

Dave has been honest since the beginning that the N and O gauge J94s would have to wait a while until funding came on stream for them - to my knowledge he’s made no announcement that he’s abandoning the idea for either scale

Hi Steve,

The 92 order book is still open to both gauges, including to the trade on the trade models. Please remember, there are the crowdfunded models in their own livery / number combinations, and there are also alternate livery / number combinations available from stockists.

As for the 59, i hadn't noticed and will mail Rails to get it removed. Thanks for that :-)

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

From your pre-order book could you provide the prices for the 92 DCC Ready and DCC Sound fitted versions please, sorry but I can't seem to find the prices anywhere especially for the sound versions.

Since you are still accepting orders I may have to entertain the idea of purchasing a couple, also when is the approx. release date on the finished product?

Apologies if these questions have already been answered elsewhere.

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year Dave, thanks for the update and apologies I have been late to this party!

Someone suggested further up about a surprise announcement as long as its Great Western then going on to suggest a Metro tank. I would echo that as I reckon it’s unlikely to be seen in the Bachmann or Hornby catalogue. Whilst of limited interest, I would join a crowd funding initiative for one.

Crowd funding I reckon is the way to go for a small manufacturer, so count me in.

How about a Great Western full Brake as well? Something not too mainstream, so if one comes out elsewhere, both remain attractive to GWR modellers.

Good luck with all your plans for 2018, hoping that some of them are the correct shade of Green!

Neal.

Edited by Neal Ball

• AY Mod locked this topic