TTS

thesteambuff

Another of my Class 31s fitted with TTS

Video taken on an old iPhone.  I can't get the hang of holding the phone steady whilst trying to control the Powercab!

Anyway, it's another sound conversion that I'm happy with.

Probably won't post any more TTS videos on here, but will on my YouTube.  Hopefully Classes 37, 47 and 60 next week.

Hi

Would be very interested in viewing your U tube channel ,

What name does it go under ?

Albie

Hi

Would be very interested in viewing your U tube channel ,

What name does it go under ?

Albie

Albie,

When watching the youtube clip click on 'Youtube' along the bottom right and that will take you to their youtube channel.

Wiggy.

I think it would be fair to expect them to work in Hornby’s own models. I fitted one to a Hornby class 60 and whilst the sounds are great for the money, the running is far from smooth and I’ve still not got it perfect, they should work in the models which they were designed for, that’s a reasonable expectation I think.

Having just purchased my first TTS 60 decoder - then I read your post - I installed it into my old 60 007 this afternoon with some trepidation!

I was astonished to find that it didn't need any CV changes whatsovever!  Smooth as anything at all speeds! Delighted with it!

I'm wondering if these decoders don't work so well with some brands of DCC systems (which of course shouldn't be the case) but I'm certainly more than happy with them using NCE Powercab.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if these decoders don't work so well with some brands of DCC systems (which of course shouldn't be the case) but I'm certainly more than happy with them using NCE Powercab.

It may be that since these decoders seem to be going into used locomotives, that individual locomotives require different settings.  A free running well used locomotive would presumably perform better with different settings to one which is tight and needs freeing up. I don't have any p[roof of this but it might explain why some settings work for one particular loco but not for another of the same type and manufacture.

Regards

Roddy

It may be that since these decoders seem to be going into used locomotives, that individual locomotives require different settings.  A free running well used locomotive would presumably perform better with different settings to one which is tight and needs freeing up. I don't have any p[roof of this but it might explain why some settings work for one particular loco but not for another of the same type and manufacture.

Regards

Roddy

That is a very good theory.  All mine have gone into well used locos.  I  do have 60 which I've hardly run (because I don't like the livery!) so I might try decoder in that as an experiment.

Similar story here but with a twist. Installed chip into class 60 and got it running sweetly at low speed by changing to motor parameter 2 and cancelling bemf. Once on the layout it was making noises to suggest something was unwell which turned out to be the drive worms needing attention. After doing that I did a cv reset and it's running perfectly on factory settings.