I don't know what happened there... Rather than edit that post I may as well continue with this one.

image.png.995321c03a9fcee1bbe81c61538ef9a0.png

My second attempt at a loco, rather more successful than the first - LBSCR D1. Note the very ridged boiler...

image.png.fd622d6d93b585470e05ff1d0afe43cc.png

The revised version of the D1, from about 4 months later (neither have been touched since 2017) shows significant improvement and in many ways is better than some of my more recent output. I intend printing it before too long.

image.png.910333deadf1ec2a213f6c799be6fbe3.png

Another one you may remember from last year - LBSCR L Class.

image.png.d09cb4f767e2aedf7bc4e0c194eb1959.png

No competitor for Killian's new model, which I can say from having looked at the files is fantastic, but included here for completeness. 

image.png.efcb5df816c3f0792619830ab112a424.png

Another one from last year - My famed (?) abortive attempt at a 'scale' body to fit the old Dapol/Hornby terrier chassis. As has now become very apparent to me the old model was vastly too tall.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

And a terrible internet connection...

image.png.bc02c8d71fb6f3f37afa61d36f4e1c61.png

A very embryonic T14!

image.png.7adf69c62d090245ade194286e0383bd.png

LSWR Milk Van

image.png.ca4ee52faee9b62841730be3d31f224c.png

SECR Crane Tank

image.png.2a3aa6f3199e24c8c6a20fcedaf230ef.png

Manx Northern Railway No.4

Then there's the G6 and the LNWR Jubilee, but you saw enough of those last year!

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

Don't worry - I'm trying to find an excuse for a T14 on Blackstone West which can scarcely justify native express power!

I'm not sure whether the Crane Tank will be progressed - I seem to recall that is another one amongst Mr Turbosnail's files!

8 hours ago, sem34090 said:

I'm not sure whether the Crane Tank will be progressed - I seem to recall that is another one amongst Mr Turbosnail's files!

I have a partly done model, but it's not at the top of my priority list right now, there are a few more pressing projects to do first.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 17/06/2019 at 20:04, sem34090 said:

I really ought to finish off some of the stuff that's there...

The LSWR milk van at least should be easy enough to complete (and shrink down to N gauge, pretty please).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarriageShed said:

The LSWR milk van at least should be easy enough to complete (and shrink down to N gauge, pretty please).

Of course, for Barnstaple Town I could simply do what the LSW often did - nick a GW siphon - but I feel I could certainly justify the SW milk van, if and when you produce this.

• Like 2

Well...

If you look closely you will see that I made a mess of the panelling. I have still yet to work out how to do this so the Milk Van is a significant way from completion.

• Friendly/supportive 4

19 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

Well...

If you look closely you will see that I made a mess of the panelling. I have still yet to work out how to do this so the Milk Van is a significant way from completion.

some small dumb-buffered coal trucks might be easier ..... 

• Agree 1

If you're able to wait until the end of next month then I can try and get them done by then?

In the meantime the immediate priority is exams, then Lillie Bridge will need to be got started within the next 5 days prior to an outing on July 22nd.

10 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

If you're able to wait until the end of next month then I can try and get them done by then?

In the meantime the immediate priority is exams, then Lillie Bridge will need to be got started within the next 5 days prior to an outing on July 22nd.

Sounds like a plan.  Thanks. I have a chance to build the rest of the coal fleet in the meantime!  So far I have 3 large and 2 small wagons on the stocks.  Yours would come in the middle!

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 14/06/2019 at 07:54, Edwardian said:

A hobbyist, using their own resin printer at home, paying retail prices for the resin and adding a margin, can produce for sale something to a better finish than Shapeways at far less costs.

I often quote the example of Knuckles of this Parish, who must charge, e.g. £93 for a loco body in Shapeways FUD, but who can, and will, print you the same item in a nicer, smoother, resin for £38.

I have a reluctance to approach hobbyists though out of a fear of intruding and causing them extra work. I also do not know many people on her very well yet. Introductions would be very welcome!

Sem, another LSWR milk van customer here... all in good time of course, I've a few other things to build first.

17 minutes ago, truffy said:

I never thought that I'd see the SECR crane as an achievable model! :good:

1 minute ago, Edwardian said:

Well, you haven't seen it, yet!

In fairness, if you Google it I'm certain at least one cleverclogs has managed to do one in the past. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

In fairness, if you Google it I'm certain at least one cleverclogs has managed to do one in the past. 

Also in fairness, I used the word 'achievable' in terms of mere mortals, not the sort who hew a fully functioning locomotive from brass/plastic sheet, a few spare parts, and toenail clippings. ;)

Edited by truffy
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, truffy said:

Also in fairness, I used the word 'achievable' in terms of mere mortals, not the sort who hew a fully functioning locomotive from brass/plastic sheet, a few spare parts, and toenail clippings. ;)

As a fellow mere mortal, I say "fair". 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I'm pretty sure that South Eastern Finecast offer a kit for the Crane Tank, which might actually be a preferable option to my meagre attempt.

Edited by sem34090
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

I'm pretty sure that South Eastern Finecast offer a kit for the Crane Tank, which might actually be a preferable option to my meagre attempt.

Sem, I'm sure it'll be fine. Even if it isn't, one of us can surely make something nice out of it. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

No, I meant that from a purely practical standpoint - The S.E. Finecast one wouldn't work out much more expensive at Shapeways prices, would be more detailed and would most likely have better performance on account of being whitemetal.

All looking good there, sem. If you'd like, after your exams I could send you a quick set of instructions of how I do carriage panelling on turnunders? It's a bit long-winded but is reliable and easy to do from flat drawings.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1