The plain olive and square Windows definitely give it a Highland flavour don't they?

The tender issue has been addressed!

Composed of the body and running plate of a GBL C mounted on the chassis from a Bachmann GCR tender. Much sanding and cutting was required... And the paintwork is temporary until I can strip and spray it...

15565748941891667914330.jpg.82d93ab58ba723a0503675f3979c39c7.jpg

• Like 4

Well it is, structurally. The final list is as follows:

- Tender/Loco Coupling

- Some small NEM Tension Locks for the sockets at each end

- Footplate Crew

- Replacing that ruddy front buffer!

- A screwlink for the front

- Repainted bufferbeam

- Relining and eventual full repainting

- Etched Beyer Peacock Builder's Plates

- Etched SR Ashford Number Plates

- Possibly etched SECR Ashford Rebuild plates

- A number!!!

- A works number!!!

- Transfers

- Finding and re-fitting the glazing in the cab

- Any other minor detailing.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

w.o.t.w.-chap.-16-copy.jpg

EDIT: Now I'm able to edit this properly... I shall leave the above illustration here as I think it's interesting that the artist deemed a Milwall Extension Railway Manning Wardle 2-4-0T capable of moving the hoardes of refugees fleeing London as the Martian force invades!!! I see the works have taken the precaution of removing the Westinghouse Pump, thus removing the ability to stop, and have added an extra sandbox in its place to aid acceleration as it speeds through the junctions of East London... :P The member of platform staff looks rather stern, and is perhaps contemplating what is to happen to the luggage in front of him. The Lady and gentlemen on the boiler are perhaps ill-advised though perhaps it's not as hot as a roasting from the Martians would be. The permanent way chaps in the background appear to be finding the scene rather amusing, and the signalbox looks rather deserted so presumably the 'Bobby' has already taken his leave!!!

Edited by sem34090
I can't seem to do a proper post - What I wanted to say was that I quite like the square spectacles, and it's easier to leave it as-is. I will save the Wainwright cab for something else, I think. In the meantime, have a War-of-the-Worlds Manning Wardle...
  • Like 3

Right...

From top left, clockwise:

- LSWR Full Brake to be restored. Possibly Roxey Mouldings.

- Kitmaster Stirling Single

- Triang 0-6-0 Chassis with Romfords

- GWR MICA B Meat Van, scratchbuilt.

- Ratio MR Bogie Coach, to go into Olive.

- Triang Clerestory Brake to join my stash of hacksaw fodder.

- Ambiguous LMS NC Composite, possibly to be stripped and chassis reused.

- LSWR Tri-Composite to be restored, Possibly Roxey Mouldings

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

With a few projects underway, nearing completion or yet to start, and with my stocklist ever changing (and now growing once again) I've decided to have a look at what I currently have, what I'd like to do to some of it, what I'd like to have and how I might go about getting it.

Already Have

• ex-LSWR X14 (M7) 0-4-4T No.111, Hornby. To be renumbered to No.E106, the first example to gain Westinghouse Push-Pull gear. Requires DCC Chip.
  • ex-LSWR T9 4-4-0 No.312, Hornby. To be renumbered to No.E312 to reflect my pre-1931 modelling period. Requires DCC Chip.
  • ex-LBSCR H2 4-4-2 No.2421 South Foreland, Bachmann. To be renumbered to No.B421 to reflect my pre-1931 modelling period. DCC Chip fitted.
  • ex-LBSCR A1x 0-6-0T No.B662, Hornby. Requires DCC Chip.
  • LBSCR E2 0-6-0T No.100, Hornby. Possibly to be detailed and worked upon to improve. Renumbering and repainting are likely. Requires DCC Chip.
  • LBSCR E4 0-6-2T No.579, Bachmann. To be renumbered, but left in umber, as B579 to reflect a loco of the early grouping period. More research required. DCC Fitted but chip needs replacing.
  • SECR P 0-6-0T No.178, Hattons. Full Wainwright Livery, to be left as-is. Requires DCC Chip.
  • SECR C 0-6-0 No.271, Bachmann. Currently in simplified SECR livery, possibly to be resprayed into later SECR Grey livery. Requires DCC Chip.
  • SECR R1 0-6-0T No.174, Dublo/Hornby. Currently in Full Wainwright Livery, possibly to be resprayed into later SECR Grey livery. Requires DCC Chip.
  • SR-Built N 2-6-0, No.TBA, Bachmann. Currently undergoing repaint from BR Black into SR Lined Olive. Requires DCC Chip.
  • SR V 4-4-0 No.907 Dulwich, Hornby. To have etched nameplates fitted. Requires DCC Chip.
  • B&MR Peckett W4 0-4-0ST Martlet, Hornby. DCC Fitted.
  • B&MR Andrew Barclay 14" 0-4-0ST Coronation, Hattons. Requires subtle livery alterations, some undertaken, and a DCC Chip.
  • ex-Metropolitan Met-Vick Bo-Bo No.1, Heljan. To retain LT Grey livery for now, to be used as test loco and thunderbird loco. Requires DCC Chip.
  • LT (ex-GWR) Collett 5700 0-6-0PT No.L97, Bachmann. To be weathered further, requires DCC Blanking Plug.
  • LT 'G' Stock 1-Car Uncoupling Driving Motor, Radley/Lima. To be detailed further, including transfers, shoegear and possible re-motoring.
  • SR Battle of Britain 4-6-2 No.34090 Sir Eustace Missenden, Hornby. No work to be undertaken, yet, but loco to be retained on sentimental grounds.
  • SR Battle of Britain 4-6-2 No.21C166 Spitfire, Hornby. No work to be undertaken, now on display in booking office at Medstead & Four Marks Station.
  • ex-LMS Fowler 4F No.44454, Airfix. To be retained for potential chassis donor.
  • ex-GWR Collett 5700 0-6-0PT, Bachmann. To be retained on Rule 1 grounds.
  • Hunslet 'Austerity' 0-6-0ST, Dapol. To be retained on Rule 1 grounds.
  • BR English Electric 350hp 0-6-0DE, Hornby. To be retained on sentimental grounds.
  • Dick Kerr Tramcar, Corgi (Motorised). To donate motor bogie to possible steam tram. DCC Fitted.
  • SVR 0-4-0T No.2 Mongrel (O-16.5), Fleischmann/Hornby. To gain etched name and number plates. DCC Fitted.
  • SR 0-6-0T No.A1 (009), Roco, To be further Anglicised and repainted into SR Olive.
  • SR 0-4-0T No. A2 (009), Jouef. To be repainted into SR Olive.
  • SR 0-4-0T No.A3 (009), Own 3D Print/Kato. To be fitted with chassis and repainted into SR Olive.
  • SR 4wDM No.D1 (009), Jouef. To be painted into SR Engineer's Green.
  • SR 4wDM No.D2, (009) Jouef. To be repainted into SR Olive.
  • SR 4wBE No.BE1, (009), CW/Kato. To be repainted into SR Olive.
  • Hornby SR Maunsell Coaches - Four more to be acquired, by swapping BR Ones, to permit formation of one BTK-TK-CK-BTK and one BTK-TK-FK-BTK set.
  • Hornby Pullman Coaches - One acquired thus far and should be more than enough for potential future requirements.
  • Bachmann 60ft Birdcage Coaches - One set owned currently, should be enough for requirements.
  • Various SR, LSWR, SECR and LSWR Wagons.
  • Peco L&B Bogie Coaches - Three owned currently, one to possibly repainted into SR Olive to provide a second Green Brake-End.
  • Various 009 Wagons, Most in SR Brown (Currently Unlettered) now.

Ongoing Projects

• LBSCR E5 0-6-2T No.575, Bachmann/Wills. To be completed in LBSCR Livery, with LBSCR Number. Requires DCC Chip.
  • B&MR Vulcan Foundry 0-8-0T La France, Freelance Wills/Bachmann. Requires painting, finishing and DCC Chip.
  • ex-B&MR/SECR Beyer Peacock 4-4-0 Freelance Oxford Rail/GBL. Requires finishing, tender coupling, numbering and DCC Chip.
  • Ratio Midland Coaches - Two owned currently (both thirds) and requiring detailing and finishing. One to be finished in SR Olive Green, one to be finished in LBSCR Umber.
  • Triang Clerestory Coaches - A good stock of these has been built up and two have thus far been spliced to create an LBSCR 54ft Third, Livery undecided.
  • Roxey Mouldings (?) LSWR Coaches - Two acquired Yesterday, already being repainted into SR Olive.
  • Various NPCS Vehicles are being finished in SR Olive Green.
  • Various wagons are being finished in SR Wagon Brown.
  • LBSCR 54ft Tri-Composite, Roxey Mouldings. Kit acquired, work yet to start.
  • LSWR Adams O2 0-4-4T (IoW SR Condition). Body complete, chassis required.

Future Projects

• LBSCR C2x 0-6-0, DJH (?) or 3D Printed. With the Hornby Class 700 having been sold, this is no longer a potential chassis donor.
  • LBSCR D3 0-4-4T, Golden Arrow. Golden Arrow Productions sell a resin body for a Hornby M7 Chassis, which I have.
  • LBSCR C2 0-6-0, DJH(?) or 3D Printed. Chassis donor yet to be identified.
  • LBSCR B2 4-4-0, 3D Printed?. Chassis (donor?) yet to be thought about.
  • LBSCR B2x 4-4-0. See B2 above.
  • LBSCR B4 4-4-0. See above.
  • SR B4x 4-4-0. See above.
  • LBSCR K 2-6-0. Nu-Cast (?!) or 3D Printed. Chassis (donor?) yet to be indentified.
  • LBSCR J 4-6-2. Golden Arrow. Golden Arrow Productions sell a resin body for old Hornby B12 Chassis, yet to be purchased.
  • LBSCR B1 0-4-2. Yet to be thought about much, but could use Triang M7 Chassis, which I have.
  • LBSCR I3 4-4-2T. S.E. Finecast? Or 3D printed.
  • LBSCR D1 0-4-2T. S.E. Finecast? Or 3D Printed.
  • SECR 4-6-0 (Fictional) - 3D Printed to fit Triang B12 Chassis, Which I have.
  • SECR D 4-4-0. S.E. Finecast? Or 3D Printed. Or maybe an RTR one will be out by then!
  • SECR E 4-4-0. S.E. Finecast? Or 3D Printed.
  • SER O 0-6-0. See B2 Above.
  • SECR O1 0-6-0, Golden Arrow. Golden Arrow Productions sell a resin body for a Hornby 0-6-0 Chassis, Which I have.
  • SECR H 0-4-4T. S.E. Finecast or RTR.
  • SECR G Class 4-4-0. Various options being explored.
  • SECR L Class 4-4-0. Various options being explored.
  • SR Z Class 0-8-0T, Golden Arrow. Golden Arrow Productions sell a resin body for a Hornby 8F Chassis, Which I have.
  • LSWR Adams A12 0-4-2T No.E633. Scratchbuilt, Nu-Cast or 3D printed. Possibly to fit Hornby M7 Chassis.
  • GER M15 2-4-2T. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • NLR Adams 4-4-0T. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • NLR Park 0-6-0T. See B2 above.
  • Manning Wardle K Class 0-6-0ST. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • MER Manning Wardle 2-4-0T. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • CR 812 0-6-0. Various options being explored.
  • Metropolitan Railway A Class 4-4-0T. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • Metropolitan Railway B Class 4-4-0T. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • Metropolitan Railway C Class 0-4-4T. See B2 above.
  • Metropolitan Railway D Class 2-4-0T. See B2 above.
  • Metropolitan Railway E Class 0-4-4T. Some CAD completed, probably to fit Hornby M7 Chassis.
  • Metropolitan Railway F Class 0-6-2T. Some CAD completed, possibly to fit Hornby or Bachmann 'Jinty' chassis.
  • Metropolitan Railway G Class 0-6-2T. To be bashed, possibly with 3D Printing, from a Bachmann GWR 2251.
  • Metropolitan Railway H Class 4-4-T. See B2 above, though some CAD completed.
  • Metropolitan Railway K Class 2-6-4T. To be bashed, possibly with 3D Printing, from a Bachmann N Class 2-6-0.
  • CLR (Or was it CSLR) Hunslet (?) Tube-Gauge 0-6-0T. See B2 above.
  • District Railway Beyer Peacock 4-4-0T. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • District Railway Coaches. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • B&MR Coaches. 3D Printed, CAD at hand and Printer soon to be available.
  • NLR Coaches. CAD to be done at some point.
  • Metropolitan Railway 'Ashbury' Coaches. Various options being explored.
  • SECR Bogie Coaches. See above, Drawings at hand.
  • SECR 6w Coaches. See above, Drawings at hand.
  • LBSCR Bogie Coaches. See above, Drawings at hand.
  • LBSCR 6w Coaches. See above, Drawings at hand.
  • LBSCR 4w Coaches. Probably 3D Prints of some description, Smallbrook Kits, Bachmann TTTE Range. Multiple options available.
  • More pre-grouping wagons!!!

So, just a short list... I don't expect I shall ever complete it, but I thought I'd lay out (probably mostly for my own benefit!) what I am doing and would like to do in the future. Any help is very much appreciated!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 29/04/2019 at 22:33, Martin S-C said:

It has a Scottish look I think.

It does. A quick hijack here, but here is my surgery on a Radial - turning it into a close-ish facsimile of the HR Yankee tank, which was not an indigenous design but a failed export order bought in. It has had a bit more work done to it since the photo was taken.

20190422_165952.jpg.1814f59d2cb9906b4bfbba2c4b685b37.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

10 hours ago, Ben Alder said:

It does. A quick hijack here, but here is my surgery on a Radial - turning it into a close-ish facsimile of the HR Yankee tank, which was not an indigenous design but a failed export order bought in. It has had a bit more work done to it since the photo was taken.

4 minutes ago, Martin S-C said:

Very nice job on the 4-4-0T. I picked up a built kit of this loco a year back on e-Bay. Its the Premier kit.

Highland_Rly_4-4-0_tank_03.jpg

What a quirky little tank engine. That's cute. Hmm... this is giving me ideas...

• Agree 1

Indeed... 

I may have to try and pick up a few more Radials - I fancy doing one of the 4-4-0 in an earlier condition, before Wainwright re-boilering, I love the look of the Highland tank, I fancy a few more LSWR Machines too... Sigh... So many things. Mind you, the aforementioned new toy might make life easier...

th?id=OIP.iYApsDZNyt-araWrvA-geAHaHa&pid

:D 

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

Indeed... 

I may have to try and pick up a few more Radials - I fancy doing one of the 4-4-0 in an earlier condition, before Wainwright re-boilering, I love the look of the Highland tank, I fancy a few more LSWR Machines too... Sigh... So many things. Mind you, the aforementioned new toy might make life easier...

th?id=OIP.iYApsDZNyt-araWrvA-geAHaHa&pid

:D 

Indeed. 
Must... resist... urge... to scrounge... :jester:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Ben Alder said:

Interesting idea. Oxford Radials certainly available cheaply enough to be a decent source of r-t-r chassis for other locos.

• Agree 1