DB models Bourne

russ p

• RMweb Gold

Due my phone sat nav having a strange turn today I started on a random tour of Lincolnshire on a journey home from the Midlands. I remembered reading of a new model shop in Bourne

Really good shop, excellent prices ,good range and stock and run by a very friendly knowledgeable chap.

He informed me that shop will double in size in the future and that the website and apps for the shop will be updated very soon

Well recommend a visitnif in the area

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I now use DB Models as my regular model shop. Dan is very knowledgeable, friendly and goes the extra mile because if he doesn’t have it in stock, which is very comprehensive and competitive, he’ll do his best to source it directly from wholesalers or through his contacts. It’s not my closest shop but certainly the best.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Where abouts is the shop? Would be good to visit on one of my trips to butlins

Near the Tesco’s, take the turning for the industrial estate and recycling tip and Roman Bank is the second turning on the left, go right to the end your there. Your best giving him a quick call before going as sometimes he reluctantly closes the shop to get collections.

Website is; dbmodels.co.uk

• 4 months later...

I had a chat with Dan at the weekend

The DB models shop is closing  (if not already closed) - the website has been cleared down.

He will continue with selling used items online, but is exiting the new items market.

Edited by Trains4U

11 hours ago, Trains4U said:

I had a chat with Dan at the weekend

The DB models shop is closing  (if not already closed) - the website has been cleared down.

He will continue with selling used items online, but is exiting the new items market.

That's a shame, as I was going to order a whole load of stuff from him.

• RMweb Gold

Staggered to hear that as the last time I was there, he said things were going from strength to strength.  I think his closing is more to do with family issues rather than the shop.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a 'closing down' sale on the eBay store and I nabbed a few (new) bargains. I've messaged him a couple of times asking for a tracking code, but have not had a reply. Also phoned, but it went straight through to an answer machine. Reading recent eBay reviews, a few people haven't been sent the items they have won, either...

On 16/04/2019 at 13:01, IamDaniel said:

There was a 'closing down' sale on the eBay store and I nabbed a few (new) bargains. I've messaged him a couple of times asking for a tracking code, but have not had a reply. Also phoned, but it went straight through to an answer machine. Reading recent eBay reviews, a few people haven't been sent the items they have won, either...

I take all of this back. Everything turned up today.

• 10 months later...
11 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Careful here. Criminal charges have been brought......but no trial to date.Very,very sad.

What will they do ? Subpoena me for quoting “ eberneezer Goode “?

Edited by rob D2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

What will they do ? Subpoena me for quoting “ eberneezer Goode “?

Come on,you know perfectly well not to condemn  someone before due process of law..The guy might well be reading this..Before he’s judged, have a degree of sensitivity without being quite so defensively aggressive.

• Agree 4

The charge seems to be very grandly titled and not totally clear what is actually alleged, but presumably the assets were disposed of and the creditors allege that the funds weren’t channelled into the business. As admitted above, at least one member on here seems to have been a recipient of said assets!

I was sorry to see it go, always liked the shop, well stocked and a good selection of materials as well as the usual RTR  stuff. They were knowledgeable, keen to help and very pleasant to deal with, not always the case with some other traders.

• Agree 1

On 05/03/2020 at 20:49, Ian Hargrave said:

Come on,you know perfectly well not to condemn  someone before due process of law..The guy might well be reading this..Before he’s judged, have a degree of sensitivity without being quite so defensively aggressive.

Condemn ?really ?

Ive edited my post so as not to harm your sensitive nature .

Edited by rob D2
Less aggressive response.

13 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Condemn ?Are you nuts ?

I’ll put my black hat away then....I’d suggest you mind your own business and refrain from jumping in on someone else’s behalf.

Rob - I read it as humorous and TBH, I think the chap is probably worried about bigger things than a few key-stokes on this place.  Move along no lefties here :-)

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...