School Project - The Victorian Railway

Which category should a person vote in if they spend a good part of their life being bossed about by their own small daughter, and have some slight reservation about the prospect of being bossed about by somebody else’s daughter during their escapist time?

A purely hypothetical question, as I’m sure you will all understand.

Edited by Nearholmer

Abstention due to Conflict of Interest: I

Kind of you to think so.

Which category should a person vote in if they spend a good part of their life being bossed about by their own small daughter, and have some slight reservation about the prospect of being bossed about by somebody else’s daughter during their escapist time?

Quite!

Press Release:

Jones, Evans and Sprong of Rhiwbina and the Cayman Islands, the official receivers of the Glamorgan Railway (1834) Inc. have voted in favour of the proposal. After beating her partners into submission Dame Euphonia Sprong stated that more young females should be encouraged to take up such important senior positions.  

• Like 2

Ayes to the left, Noes to the right.

As some noted wit is alleged to have said...

Madam, your daughter is completely spoiled!

How could you say such a thing?

Come outside and see what the steamroller has done to her!

• RMweb Premium

Well, I’ve had her mum on my thread in a surprise visit, putting me straight on our chairman’s assertations, which livens up things no end, and Routier du Nord seems all for it, whatever it is:post-26540-0-35508700-1524835890_thumb.jpeg

Edit: what’s that? Quest ce que? Oh, beg your pardon, it’s Prince Louis he’s on about.. (looking forward to another revolution/ invasion)

Edited by Northroader

Aye, right. With a wife, two daughters and three granddaughters, what option do I have! Seriously, though, she thoroughly deserves the position. Can we not just pass it 'nem con'?

BTW and for the avoidance of doubt, it wasn't me wot started this!

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Not sure, but we know who to blame...

Weren't me!

points at Sem

It wuz HIM!!!

Unfortunately (for you), I think this was an admission of guilt:

Oh what have I DONE...........

gibber

And even if it wasn’t, I'm going to take it as one.

I suspect they are all from the pre-printed kits that Slater's used to do - the South Wales (or more specifically Swansea Vale) ones using their Gloucester 7- or 6-plank wagons - 1887 RCH spec., ideal for anthracite to the West Norfolk breweries. The Hinckleton one looks bigger - RCH 1923 I'd presume; coming from the South Yorkshire coalfield this is possibly a bit of an outlier given James' known interests.

Route: Midland (Swansea Vale) - Neath & Brecon - Cambrian - Midland (Hereford Hay & Brecon) - Worcester - Birmingham - Wigston - Leicester - Syston - Lynn all by Midland train.

Sorry for that - I think I've been spending too long lately trying to extract every last ounce of information out of old photographs of lines of dirty old coal trucks.

It's a fair cop.

OK, I'll come clean, but over on CA!

post-25673-0-00311000-1524851126.png

• Like 1