HMRS transfers sheet14

davidw

• RMweb Premium

If the one you're referring to is the BR steam loco coach and van pressfix sheet, it's been unavailable for some considerable time.  Back in April I asked HMRS if it had been discontinued.  They replied, saying that new stock was on order but as their printers had a considerable backlog they couldn't say when it would be available again.  Must be some backlog.....

DT

Edited by Torper

If the one you're referring to is the BR steam loco coach and van pressfix sheet, it's been unavailable for some considerable time. Back in April I asked HMRS if it had been discontinued. They replied, saying that new stock was on order but as their printers had a considerable backlog they couldn't say when it would be available again. Must be some backlog.....

DT

Thanks for the info

• RMweb Gold

I think it’s been out of stock for at least 4 years now.

Fortunately I found a box with transfers in at my parents last year, and it contained a few of these sheets to keep me going, but I’ve found my preference is to use Fox transfers, these are very good.

I wish rail tec would do rub on steam transfers though... I really do.. their diesel ones are so easy they fall off the sheet.

Edited by adb968008

I think it’s been out of stock for at least 4 years now.

As a regular purchaser, Sheet 14 in 'Pressfix' has never been out of stock. It kept by business going until such time as the HMRS could reprint 'Methfix'.  This they did last year and I purchased a quantity. If however it has now sold out again, I worry about the future not only for Methfix type, but also my business.

Might be worth trying Wizard Models; both Pressfix and Methfix seem to be in stock on his web site, and I bought a sheet (Methfix) from him at the York Show at Easter.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/product-category/tools/page/7/

Don't bother - we haven't got any either (both flavours). It looks like you've found a sort of a bug on the site - they correctly show as out of stock on the individual product pages, but when more than one product appears there is a button saying "read more" as opposed to the "add to basket" for products which are stock, which does't make the status as obvious as it could be.

• Like 1

We've been through all this before - feels like a couple of years ago, so it was probably four or five - when no supplier could be found to replenish stocks, the technology had been lost (probably in the same place as Greek Fire) , and modelling as we had known it was about to end ... In the event it gave some people the opportunity to offer 'part' sheets, i.e. scraps and fragments, on a certain well-known auction site, where they sold for the usual ridiculous prices. Then quietly supply was back to 'normal' and we could all calm down again. I'm pleased that I kept my head and resisted the over-priced scraps, because it turns out I've actually got enough sheets to meet my needs for the next decade or so. Still it is good to see that HMRS are not coming over quite so much doom and gloom this time, even if any delay upsets those who've fallen prey to the instant satisfaction culture. I would urge everyone to go for the Methfix variety, though - so much better than the 'press on fall off' version (but they still need to be varnished afterwards, you just have a much better chance of finding them still in situ when you come along with your can of Dullcote).

• RMweb Gold

It does seem that sheet 14 is a bit like a submarine; briefly surfaces then disappears again. I was after the Methfix version for sometime, eventually found it last year being sold by Sheffield Transport Models aka Pufferwillies. Both the Pressfix and Methfix versions are listed on their site as out of stock but offer to email when back in stock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just thought I'd mention that HMRS has sheet 14 back in stock for both Pressfix and Methfix.  Apparently they only have a "small number" so if you want one it might be adviseable to get your order in fairly soon.  I have!

DT

• Like 1