• RMweb Gold

No contest there, Chris. It's about time HMRS redid their transfers they must be years old by now. I have some quite old sheets and you can see the deterioration in newer sheets.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, 57xx said:

I had that same revelation during the night (not in a dream lol). I detest having to try and fix transfers over details parts. I'm sure once it is all painted up and transferred, it won't be visible. Another neat solution. :)

I couldn’t sleep it was far too warm for me

I'm not great with transfers, I generally order more than I need to allow for errors 

I've also purposely left out some rivets here....

6CC26EF0-350B-4353-ACCF-52905E9C77AE.jpeg.20ae53a07988d0469c3117c91124e402.jpeg

....for the ‘G’ & ‘W’ for the same reason

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

If you hadn't told me otherwise, I would have thought that the word BRAKE had been hand painted, rounded ends to each capital. 

I suppose they look okay at first glance but they stuck out like a sore thumb once I added the number

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

My transfers have arrived from @railtec-models today and I’m as happy as a pig in s**t

They look 100 time’s better than the crape from HMRS

85F327A7-3C16-48A4-AC27-1FC5B89D85DB.jpeg.bb5fa41145cc27929a12f42e159a9fd5.jpeg

I appreciate that the purists would have me burnt at the stake for it not being actuate but it is what it is......and I like it!

Thanks to Steve at @railtec-models for producing the transfers (and putting up with me) I think the end result was worth it

All I need to do now is repeat on the other side, varnish over the transfers then I can fit the roof, wheels and do some weathering

There’s a very happy bunny at Warren today

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

I’ve attempted to weather the roof, I didn’t want it too heavily weathered (hopefully I haven’t gone overboard)

The white was far too.....well white so after using the weathering powders I mixed a few drops of sepia wash with the matt varnish to give it an off white appearance

FC2B0D63-CA54-4EBE-A5E1-7464B319B77B.jpeg.8aa7088e91f879420f4298ed93aeb020.jpeg

If it looks poo I’ll just have to strip it back and start again :wacko: which is why I’ve done it separately

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

If they were white lead originally, the paint would soon discolour. Soot would settle, especially after rain, but the next shower would wash a lot of it off too. If you look at old aerial photos, you can spot the GWR stock a mile off and the discoloration over time meant that you had variations of white, not grey or black. Which is a long way around (or is that Great Way Round?) to say that IMHO, you've got it bang on! 

If you haven't already, take a look at the stock on Little Muddle, it just 'looks right'.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, AlfaZagato said:

Looking very nice.   Odd question, though; were Pt. Way toads assigned to depots the same as normal toads.

Thank you

As far as your question; unfortunately I have no idea, although I would imagine the answer is probably not as I believe they mostly had ‘Return to’ destinations

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Suppose I’ve got no excuse not to make some progress on the Loriot now

9ED35251-EA04-4D6E-89D9-786D05F50140.jpeg.865fb5fd8325c43d3d2215e42fe73e6b.jpeg

Not a fan of brush painting but I’ve not given myself much choice really as I’ve designed it as a one piece print (exc. the axle boxes)

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

You say it's not accurate but I can't see what's wrong with it. On the contrary, you have made a brilliant job of the Toad!

I have one of the Frogmore Confederacy brass kits for the Pt Way van, will bare the Railtech transfers in mind when I finally get around to it.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, 57xx said:

You say it's not accurate but I can't see what's wrong with it. On the contrary, you have made a brilliant job of the Toad!

I have one of the Frogmore Confederacy brass kits for the Pt Way van, will bare the Railtech transfers in mind when I finally get around to it.

Thank you

• RMweb Gold

I’ve started the assembly

3AEF50FF-1872-4DF2-959A-CF01C9AA509F.jpeg.c9305cad736b217e1ed97c5aed22c46b.jpeg

Everything fits together quite nicely, the Alan Gibson wheels are a little out of true so it has a very slight wobble unfortunately but then I intend for it to be a stationary model mostly

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking good, Chris. I've got quite a large box of elliptical wheels if you want some more. I meant to put them in a drill and file them circular but life got in the way.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Looking good, Chris. I've got quite a large box of elliptical wheels if you want some more. I meant to put them in a drill and file them circular but life got in the way.

Thank you

I’ve got a box with wobbly wheels too, I really should just throw them away. Luckily it’s only a hand full and not a large box full

I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t for the fact that Alan Gibson wheels are relatively expensive for what they are

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

I’ve started the assembly

3AEF50FF-1872-4DF2-959A-CF01C9AA509F.jpeg.c9305cad736b217e1ed97c5aed22c46b.jpeg

Everything fits together quite nicely, the Alan Gibson wheels are a little out of true so it has a very slight wobble unfortunately but then I intend for it to be a stationary model mostly

Why have something as good as that stationary??

• Agree 1