Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

5 hours ago, pwr said:

I got mine from Rails but I wanted a gangwayed version which have all gone now - not surprised at that price

Paul R

I was going to do this one as a Gangwayed one as she had the headcode boxes removed and marker lights fitted but retained her gangways for a good while.

I wasn't too sure about it. 

20200707_113703.jpg.3fcf32114023b2bb17a15552af4ea486.jpg

I'm still pondering.........

Jinty  <_<

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

A lovely example of 37183 sitting in the Goods Loop from Dore End Yard, Railfreight Liveried, 56047 Parked up in the Old through Line from Seven Mills Station, with 40007 coming from Dore End through to Seven up Junction.

IMG_1907.JPG.701b89da62da7568b66b208a2a18f8df.JPG

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I’ve always been impressed with your seemingly large collection of locos, have you ever counted how many you have?

Yes Chris, and I still have the NIGHTMARES, haha,:scenic:  it's actually only 14, so no more than your average Modeler really, it's just they look B I G.:secret:

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yes, I've looked at the Platform a few times, and either way it will stay, besides, I cant reach it now, haha.:no:

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!  What is you idea for hiding Sprite Junction then .. sorry 7Up Junction .. from view?

Rich

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!  What is you idea for hiding Sprite Junction then .. sorry 7Up Junction .. from view?

Rich

I was rather hoping YOU would tell me, haha.:sarcastic:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I was rather hoping YOU would tell me, haha.:sarcastic:

Well I could but my thought was classified, so I'd have to shoot ya! :bomb_mini:

Given that your having a level crossing there, is there room for a row of low relief cottages, that the railway cuts between?  The obvious bridge parapet or tunnel mouth candidate wouldn't really look right next to an LC I suppose.  Although I think you said no more buildings ... what about a collection of trees that have may be grown and bent over the railway above the loading gauge so it provides something of a self trimming arch?  Or the suggestion of a line of trees either side of a stone wall heading away from the LC?

Rule #1 always applies of course, ignore the minions and do it yourself :P

Rich

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Well I could but my thought was classified, so I'd have to shoot ya! :bomb_mini:

Given that your having a level crossing there, is there room for a row of low relief cottages, that the railway cuts between?  The obvious bridge parapet or tunnel mouth candidate wouldn't really look right next to an LC I suppose.  Although I think you said no more buildings ... what about a collection of trees that have may be grown and bent over the railway above the loading gauge so it provides something of a self trimming arch?  Or the suggestion of a line of trees either side of a stone wall heading away from the LC?

Rule #1 always applies of course, ignore the minions and do it yourself :P

Rich

The high Hedge was the first choice, and I have a couple of Britain's Oak Trees that I can enlarge, and build up the area in front of a hole, and then as you said, have it hanging over to hide the hole.:good:

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, pwr said:

I do like a 56!

Paul R

Yes it seemed to suit every Livery that was thrown at it, from Railfreight, Loadhaul Black / Orange, Sectors, EWS and Fastline, plus even a few oddballs as well.:good:

• Agree 2

Andy

Its interesting your version of this kit has the modified grills. The kit I bought started but not built has the originals. I think mine is an old RJH version of the Parkin kit

Paul R

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Have you done some more work recently on the bridge disguising the entrance to the original fiddle yard?

I'm struggling a bit with the size/design of mine - bridge that is - but (and with no offence) your's looks a reasonably simple affair which could save me a lot of brain racking.

Is yours based on a structure that you've actually seen in either real life or in pictures?

How wide is it - that's the width of the deck rather than the length of the deck which looks the same as the baseboard's width and, finally, how high are the deck walls?

Questions over, I have one small observation. That looks a dangerously pointed corner on the operator's side of the new sector plate. Are you planning to round it off a shade?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Just thought i'd remind everyone the simple premise behind what is rapidly approaching Tinsley! :)

That's a flipping long extension from Andy's garage! Will he make it before the end of the year?   :jester:

Edited by Ray H
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, Ray H said:

Andy

Have you done some more work recently on the bridge disguising the entrance to the original fiddle yard?

I'm struggling a bit with the size/design of mine - bridge that is - but (and with no offence) your's looks a reasonably simple affair which could save me a lot of brain racking.

Is yours based on a structure that you've actually seen in either real life or in pictures?

How wide is it - that's the width of the deck rather than the length of the deck which looks the same as the baseboard's width and, finally, how high are the deck walls?

Questions over, I have one small observation. That looks a dangerously pointed corner on the operator's side of the new sector plate. Are you planning to round it off a shade?

O.K. Ray, No not based on any prototype, I don't do that sort of thing. I just had a spare bit of Chipboard, and a strip of Hardboard and NAILED one to the other as a temporary fix, the rest as they say is in the imagination, or PHOTO SHOP.:sarcastic:

IMG_1925.JPG.641a1f61c924ebd4b2bf7d16399076fe.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG.40851fcb61e0c1119388566dd029b92b.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG.9d5324aca04e41de98262109921a6574.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG.ed5ef44ca0c2873f1e101fb88373dca3.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG.56795e8a415b94fe05237977bd0726d3.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG.4ae82c0cb29fe8a5b02dd05b4e7eeba3.JPG

It is TIGHT.

UDSCF3674.JPG.7a47c16e642faa540e116e9c51b0a770.JPG

NOTE = I will be adding plastruct girders, tops and other bits etc at some point.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Just thought i'd remind everyone the simple premise behind what is rapidly approaching Tinsley! :)

Aghh, Yes, Well UHmmmmm, I can explain, hummmm:unsure:

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Ray H said:

Andy

Good POINT, (see what I did there Ray) yes a very valid point, but it also acts to remind me of two important things.

Firstly to push it back.

And Secondly, my belly sticks out to far.:maninlove:

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

26 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

O.K. Ray, No not based on any prototype, I don't do that sort of thing. I just had a spare bit of Chipboard, and a strip of Hardboard and NAILED one to the other as a temporary fix, the rest as they say is in the imagination, or PHOTO SHOP.:sarcastic:

IMG_1925.JPG.641a1f61c924ebd4b2bf7d16399076fe.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG.40851fcb61e0c1119388566dd029b92b.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG.9d5324aca04e41de98262109921a6574.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG.ed5ef44ca0c2873f1e101fb88373dca3.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG.56795e8a415b94fe05237977bd0726d3.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG.4ae82c0cb29fe8a5b02dd05b4e7eeba3.JPG

It is TIGHT.

UDSCF3674.JPG.7a47c16e642faa540e116e9c51b0a770.JPG

NOTE = I will be adding plastruct girders, tops and other bits etc at some point.

I thought all new bridges had to be installed with sufficient clearance for overhead catenary?

Just for when you get an AC electric!

Paul R

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Andy. I thought I'd allowed enough headroom with my first attempt. Luckily I thought I'd try one of the tank engines to check it and . . . . .  No way. I've sine found an excuse to add about another 10mm the the height of the pillars and hope that none of my other locos have an even taller chimney.

Have you seen this picture from the "Human Side of the Railway" thread. I was concerned that my bridge was too narrow but looking at this one and making mine a footbridge, I think it'll do. I reckon the tops of the walls/panels are about 5ft high and the vertical pieces of metalwork are around the same width apart.

That was my first thoughts but now taking an even closer look I realise that there's a further bridge behind the footbridge which has a very large span. I wonder if that's a pedestrian bridge as well.

K50P5972.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, pwr said:

I thought all new bridges had to be installed with sufficient clearance for overhead catenary?

Just for when you get an AC electric!

Paul R

Haha, Paul, I don't do knitting, or have Engines with Coat Hangers on the roofs.:nono:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Ray H said:

Thanks Andy. I thought I'd allowed enough headroom with my first attempt. Luckily I thought I'd try one of the tank engines to check it and . . . . .  No way. I've sine found an excuse to add about another 10mm the the height of the pillars and hope that none of my other locos have an even taller chimney.

Have you seen this picture from the "Human Side of the Railway" thread. I was concerned that my bridge was too narrow but looking at this one and making mine a footbridge, I think it'll do. I reckon the tops of the walls/panels are about 5ft high and the vertical pieces of metalwork are around the same width apart.

That was my first thoughts but now taking an even closer look I realise that there's a further bridge behind the footbridge which has a very large span. I wonder if that's a pedestrian bridge as well.

K50P5972.jpg

Difficult to tell from this angle, but I recon your O.K. with a Foot Bridge on your Layout Ray.

• Thanks 1