Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 hours ago, pauliebanger said:

Hi Mark,

Many Heljan models have beeen equipped this way and are working correctly.

Can you eleborate on the lack of movement, please?

Is this a physical problem with the model (e.g. motors turn but wheels do not?)

Are the wheels turning but slipping?

How many motors are powered? If two, are they both turning in the same direction? My first Heljan 0 gauge instal was a Class 26. All testing was done on a rolling road. All 'worked' fine. Put on the track, it just rocked backwards and forwards. The Heljan wiring to motors was a mirror image of each other. Consequently, one bogie wanted to go in the direction of No1 end and the other of No2 end.

If not physical;

There are a number of possible (legitimate) reasons why the decoder will not drive the motor

If included in your sound project, is the Brake Key engaged?

If included in your sound project, is the Speed Lock key engaged?

Best regards,

Paul

Hi Paul, and thanks for your intervention here for Mark.

Motors going in opposite directions is almost standard on Heljan, and the F2 Brake is certainly one to catch you out, it needs to be set at Momentary , NOT LATCH on the Controller Settings for the chip.

I like the ACE SignaTrack as it's easy to change, but when I spoke to Gaugemaster, they said it could not be changed on the Prodigy.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Informative/Useful 1

36 minutes ago, Donw said:

It is a shame you have only just kitted out the POD and now there are some very big mice about or is it Rats  :jester:

Looks good Andy

Our SMart meter was first put in a cupboard and has now beem swiched off. Marion said I don't want to start worrying about the meter and end up fightened to have a cuppa. It is there if we ever wanted to check. Suits me or I would be being told to turn the solding iron off.

Don

It's definitely the Rats Don, glad I only have the two, at the moment.:sarcastic:

I've just stuck the Meter in the Hall for now with the Router, but the BIN looks like a better place for it.:good:

• Agree 1

The Road and center section for the Level Crossing have been done, and now just need painting later.

YES, I know I should have done the middle bit the other way up, but I did that first and didn't think it through first.:no:

IMG_1960.JPG.4cb4215d7566f87ff31f26e631ea9e23.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG.40f24e815db53bae148b898ceafe559d.JPG

All tested with the 40 and it's good to go.:good:

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
On 08/07/2020 at 14:32, Andrew P said:

And then the first run from the Top Yard, (I need to sort a new name for this end now) through to Seven Up Junction.

As I said, the F/Y Track is not laid yet.

I then set the Duff back into one of the new Sidings.

IMG_1887.JPG.5bba37fd6cae69ee8f42c2fad4b13b51.JPG

Andy you already got a girt big sign on the wall saying 'West Shed' so why not 'West End' or

'West  End Sidings' ?  :pardon_mini:

Also see when the swingy bridgy thingy is in stored position against the wall ?  Why not cut the front edge down a bit, tidy up the look of the bridge,  put a nice Backscene on the wall and you have a nice photo shoot area !  If you used magnets on the wall and a magnetic backscene you could do different photo shoots even :good_mini:

Great to see you back in full swing giving your public a daily dose of magic !

:drink_mini:

On 08/07/2020 at 14:32, Andrew P said:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Mattc6911 said:

Andy you already got a girt big sign on the wall saying 'West Shed' so why not 'West End' or

'West  End Sidings' ?  :pardon_mini:

Also see when the swingy bridgy thingy is in stored position against the wall ?  Why not cut the front edge down a bit, tidy up the look of the bridge,  put a nice Backscene on the wall and you have a nice photo shoot area !  If you used magnets on the wall and a magnetic backscene you could do different photo shoots even :good_mini:

Great to see you back in full swing giving your public a daily dose of magic !

:drink_mini:

Thanks Matt for a couple of Great ideas.

I hadn't thought about West Shed, as I was also using the Dore End signs, but now I can incorporate the two, with Dore End and West Shed, really good so thanks for that.

I also like the idea of the Back Scene and photo shoot area. I will be incorporating at least 3 Sidings running off that board into the right hand corner, so I could incorporate a Depot Front and wall along the back for another photographic area.

Well done, for a couple of really useful ideas, Cheers.:good:

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks for your input Paul. Yes - I've been through the wheels turning in opposite directions phase! Your comment about function 2 (the brake key) is valid - trouble is I've an NCE controller and I haven't yet fathomed out how to change functions etc. The other feature i am experiencing is that in one direction I get everything except movement; in the other i get a short circuit!

Any ideas are very welcome!

Thanks

Mark

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/07/2020 at 12:55, Clive Mortimore said:

He has nearly finished it!!!!!

Has he sold it yet??????

Don't Jest young one, see above his work bench ?  Quite a bit of empty work space, 3 of them adjustable wall brackets thingys he likes ( move it down to work on, move it up to store it) and I  can see a couple or 20 new oo end to ends rolling of the AP Production line :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

28 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Andy 

That looks good.... what’s your plans for the scenic side, trees, hedge etc?

Something like this Jim, with a mix of painted and half foliage Trees I hope.

1643355869_IMG_1964-Copy.JPG.00aee44ceb64454b7861d919fd117011.JPG

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

I do like the juxtaposition of the branch, yard, lane and crossing you have created there!

For some reason it reminds me of the sort of situation one sees (or would expect to see) at somewhere like Lanjeth in clay country.

The crossing gates could most likely be operated by one of the shunters who work in the yard ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LBRJ said:

I do like the juxtaposition of the branch, yard, lane and crossing you have created there!

For some reason it reminds me of the sort of situation one sees (or would expect to see) at somewhere like Lanjeth in clay country.

The crossing gates could most likely be operated by one of the shunters who work in the yard ;)

Cheers LBRJ, I never thought of the Yard, Shunter, now there's a nice little job for Lazy Joe.:good:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

7 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

Love how you have got the gates back in on the layout, looks excellent. :imsohappy:

Thanks Julian, they had to go in somewhere, far to good a scenic feature to leave out IMHO.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers LBRJ, I never thought of the Yard, Shunter, now there's a nice little job for Lazy Joe.:good:

mmmm at least he'll have something else to lean on .....even though it's slightly higher

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donw said:

I love the way a bit of artwork transforms the lie of the land. Peters' magic great stuff

Don

Haha, Yes Don, it's easy when you can rub it out and start again, let's hope the real thing comes out O.K. as well.

Cheers.

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Last year when he lived closer to me he came up and worked his 'Peters magic' on my mates 'Helenburgh' O gauge layout, the results were amazing, thanks again mate... 

IMG_20190811_121926.jpg

Why do I look so bloomin miserable when I'm enjoying myself so much? haha

It must be the concentration required., :sarcastic:

• Funny 2