Paved track

In place of using a rail I have seen the inner fabricated from either a strip of metal or possibly easier to use L shaped angle, as it's thinner than rail will look more prototypical.

Have you seen this range of street running track:-

www.proto87.com

Just had a look at the site, that's an interesting idea and the track looks fantastic. thanks for posting.

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

There is also a sectional track system by Modellbahntechnik. Elaine (Elaine's trains) has had some on her web site for a while, I want to buy some but I don't have a plan to use it and it is a bit pricey to buy "just in case".

https://elaines-trains.co.uk/index.php?pg=ar

Usual disclaimer but a very dependable supplier.

- Richard.

Thanks Dave, that's a nice layout and the hardstanding looks great. I hadn't thought of using plater. It might have been easier had I built my own track as you could add the check rails during construction. I've set myself a bit of a challenge using code 100!

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an dockside exhibition layout where I used hand built track with a second rail to hold the ‘concrete’ and wish I had used an L strip rather than more rail. The infill is lightweight decorators crack filler (not Pollyfilla but same idea just much less weight)which I spread over the whole thing then scraped out between the rails. If you do use lower inner rail/strip then you would need a spreader that fits between the running rails to get that area smooth

Not sure if you can with DAS but I would suggest adding colour throughout the filler before laying. Same as for earth etc the colour won’t be rubbed off when cleaning track.

John

• Like 1