Apologies

dave750t

I really seem to have rubbed some people up the wrong way in a previous thread. It was certainly not my intention. But a few people seemed to have missed the point I was trying to make. I definitely didn't expect to be accused of trolling or not telling the truth.

Anyway, I've said all I wanted to say, and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, that was never my intention.

I certainly didn't see you as a troll, unless you were one that waited 3 years to spring up and complain.

The only thing I would say you might have been quick off the mark to raise a case with paypal but ultimately that's your prerogative.

I ordered some tyres last week online from National - it took them 4 days to issue the order on email, I think because they don't confirm till they have sourced and arranged delivery of the product but I allowed them time to respond.  

It's very easy to assume everyone has whizzy software solutions that automate everything, but in reality there is a lot of smoke and mirrors (council web sites are a good example) and behind that order is a person on the end of an email and if they are not accessing their emails then they cannot acknowledge the order.  When I was selling on Ebay I wouldn't always see every notification and it could be the person is away and didn't think to put something on their shopfront to warn people, it's like an email out of office, sometimes people simply forget.

Please don't let what happened put you off posting again on this site, not every post results in sniping.

• RMweb Premium

By the way. Modeller's Mecca are/were a respected supplier/retailer (for example, great gangway connectors that are simples to use) and I suspect that part of the backlash you encountered was your seeming intolerance of a slowish response. The world of Railway Modelling, rather than box opening, can sometimes take a little time.  Remember that (usually) good things come to those who wait.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I really seem to have rubbed some people up the wrong way in a previous thread. It was certainly not my intention. But a few people seemed to have missed the point I was trying to make. I definitely didn't expect to be accused of trolling or not telling the truth.

Anyway, I've said all I wanted to say, and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, that was never my intention.

No worries. Few of us can afford to throw away cash but before fearing the worst just ask 'why?' rather than having a 'WTF!!@$#@!'moment.

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

It's very easy to assume everyone has whizzy software solutions that automate everything, but in reality there is a lot of smoke and mirrors (council web sites are a good example) and behind that order is a person on the end of an email and if they are not accessing their emails then they cannot acknowledge the order.  When I was selling on Ebay I wouldn't always see every notification and it could be the person is away and didn't think to put something on their shopfront to warn people, it's like an email out of office, sometimes people simply forget.

I was on the other end of a simple email error this week as I received 5 e-tickets on Wednesday for a 3 hour Land Rover tour of Guernsey on Friday. Google research showed it to be a genuine company and fearing that either I had been scammed for £275 or they had, I sent an email to them. Half hour later I got a very apologetic email back as they had missed one number out of the email address when they sent out the ticket - and by coincidence the other Mike Bellamy had also been in touch to ask why he hadn't had his tickets.

The website looks good, it has a 'shopping cart' and gives the impression it is all automated but it isn't - behind the scenes it relies on one man to do everything including pressing the right buttons on his computer so mistakes do happen.

As some may know, our Club is selling a limited edition loco, and because of the way we have our card payments set up, I am sending out individual emails to all 500 customers and I'm sure some of those will go wrong as well . . . . . .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to the world. It's easy to rant these days but apologising afterwards is hard, and doesn't seem common.

No worries. Few of us can afford to throw away cash but before fearing the worst just ask 'why?' rather than having a 'WTF!!@$#@!'moment.

Rob.

I had several of those moments every week when I was dealing with Railtrack / NR Project Managers. 

Edited by TheSignalEngineer