Static Grass

Recently I decided to enhance my layout by adding some static grass to it. Last Saturday I bought some packs of Peco static grass at the Fareham show and yesterday I got down to work. I was disappointed to find that the product shone in artificial light and looked most unrealistic.

Is this typical of static grass or is it just a feature of the Peco branded product?

Recently I decided to enhance my layout by adding some static grass to it. Last Saturday I bought some packs of Peco static grass at the Fareham show and yesterday I got down to work. I was disappointed to find that the product shone in artificial light and looked most unrealistic.

Is this typical of static grass or is it just a feature of the Peco branded product?

Yes, it can be a problem with static grass. I've noticed it in natural light when the sun shines on the layout.

I haven't used Peco static grass but Polak static grass is known to have a matt finish. Obtainable from Polak UK based in the car park at the NYMR, Pickering. https://polakscenics.uk/

I've had good results with Silfor/Mininatur static grass.

• RMweb Premium

Just finished adding my usual Silflor/Mininatur static grass to my new layout and pleased with the results.

I think that's excellent - you've got the colours just right.  I'm afraid that I have difficulty with colours - the ones I buy in the shop never seem right when I bring them home and begin to apply them.

DT