Scalescenes Industrial Boxfile

JohnR

Interesting.

Shame it's not available in N gauge - with some of the building stretched a little it could be the basis of a nice compact layout. There's already a number of small N gauge shunters like the class 03, 04, 08 and 14 plus the forthcoming NGS Hunslet 0-6-0 DH shunter.

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting.

Shame it's not available in N gauge - with some of the building stretched a little it could be the basis of a nice compact layout. There's already a number of small N gauge shunters like the class 03, 04, 08 and 14 plus the forthcoming NGS Hunslet 0-6-0 DH shunter.

G

I've got some A5 boxfiles I use for storage...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You can probably rescale at the printing stage?? I know I've done a couple of Scalescene's other kits to H0 by simply printing at 90-ish% size rather than full (100%)

Interesting.

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just print out the OO kit at 51.35%, yes it will be small and there will be a bit of wasted space on the A4 page but it still works:-

post-6745-0-70976000-1541849902_thumb.jpg

This shows the OO hardstanding and the N-gauge hardstanding.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Scalescene's pages, John Wiffen has very thoughtfully provided a table of percentages by which prints of downloads have to be adjusted to make them suitable for a variety of scales. Go to the foot of any page on the site and look in the centre section for 'Not modelling in N or OO scales?' or use this link - https://scalescenes.com/not-modelling-in-n-or-oo/

I downloaded the box file layout yesterday. For anyone who's interested, there are 271 instructions over 25 pages and 37 pages to the kit, including one page of glazing to be printed on an OHP transparency.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Duly purchased, shopping for a box file and bits this weekend :-)

Got one too, whether it'll get built that quickly?

- I've tried boxfiles before and generally massacred the structure of them at some point and made them unusable,  so for the price of a couple of magazines it's worthwhile getting the lowdown on how to do the basics, also downloaded the freebies warehouse and office buildings to practise on too. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi - just wondering how adaptable this kit is, I would like to use it as part of a larger "spacesaver" pattern shunting yard but for this purpose it needs to be a effectively a mirror image of the kit as supplied.  Would it be possible to do this?  

Thanks

JIm

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Hi - just wondering how adaptable this kit is, I would like to use it as part of a larger "spacesaver" pattern shunting yard but for this purpose it needs to be a effectively a mirror image of the kit as supplied.  Would it be possible to do this?  

Thanks

JIm

Mirrored in what sense? 

The individual structure elements could be used separately, there are a couple of examples on the Scalescenes Facebook group, so you can use them on a larger layout. One thing to bear in mind is that some parts (the front left/front right parts use the boxfile itself for 1 or 2 walls, which would need adding in away from a boxfile. 

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Thanks

JIm

Your printer settings should give you the option to print a mirror image of the pdf. You might have to look around for a bit; it's just taken me quite a while to find it even though I knew it was there.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1