Posted (edited)

Situated around the sand and gravel pits of tewksbury, Shwt was a small station stop and goods yard on a previously busy double track LNWR line. Modelled around the mid 1960s, the line in recent years has fallen upon hard times, converted to single track some time ago, the line beyond Shwt crossing has now succumb to the Beeching axe. With the closing of this line, Shwt lost it's passenger traffic and owes survival to the sand loading platform constructed next the old engine shed. The only trains to reach Shwt now are mixed goods trains which supply the small coal merchant, the goods stores and the sand loading. As typical for the 1960's Shwt is occassionally the destination for railtours exploring old lines

Edited by Johndc120
  • Like 2

Hello John,

The last time I visited Shwt, there was a large joinery business there, all making doors.

Good luck, and happy modelling,

Ian.

• Funny 2

Some nice shots I’ve taken of Shwt over the last year as we’ve been progressing with the scenery

Nice photos John, captures the feeling very well. 

Ian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Nice photos John, captures the feeling very well. 

Ian.

Thanks Ian, it’s been a bit of a challange to depict a really run down section of line. It’s not something you see regularly so we wanted to do. I’m glad you like how it’s turned outsomething different

• Like 1

What a superb bit of modelling, the gentle decay of a railway fallen on hard times has been very well captured.

• Agree 2

Beautiful - reminds me very much of the decaying lines around Bristol in the 1960s and S&D demolition trains.

Neil

• Like 1

Lovely little scene. Quick question: the excavator - is it any in particular? Or is one that's been made/kitbashed? (It's kind of what I'm looking for)

Lovely little scene. Quick question: the excavator - is it any in particular? Or is one that's been made/kitbashed? (It's kind of what I'm looking for)

I think that's the Langley Models Ruston Bucyrus.

Guest Bri.s

Excellently modelled ,well done

Love the crossing area and the rundowness of it all

Brian

I quite like the demolished station building approach. Is the footbridge protecting a right of way? Otherwise, it would quite likely be taken down. Very atmospheric.

Ian.

Having followed your Facebook page for sometime, 'tis nice to see you break cover.

This really is an excellent layout with some very well done modelling - bravo...

Looks excellent!  Could you explain what you used, or how you did, the weeds and hedges please? Very convincing in the close ups.

I also like the out of use level crossing, I've had similar ideas before - the implementation is brilliant.

Thanks, It is indeed a Langley Models kit of an 22-RB, we’re using it in clamshell setup

post-22900-0-80867100-1547123733_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

cheers. It looks rather good (thou g h I didn't realise the crane height would be hilariously out place with me idea). Langley Models seems to have nice kits though.

cheers. It looks rather good (thou g h I didn't realise the crane height would be hilariously out place with me idea). Langley Models seems to have nice kits though.

Thanks, it is really tall although if you look closely this has 2 extension pieces in the middle of the jib, so with these out it would be a fair bit shorter. Pain in the preverbial kit to make I will warn you!

Guest Bri.s

Slightly OT but in respect of footbridges

The footbridge at Dovecliffe lasted 10 years out of use after they ripped tracks up

Brian

Having followed your Facebook page for sometime, 'tis nice to see you break cover.

This really is an excellent layout with some very well done modelling - bravo...

Haha yes I thought it was about time we got ourselves on here as the layout gets close to being complete. Thanks for following our progress and maybe at some point will see you at a show sometime soon